New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ano po ba dapat i-check pag masyado ng matakaw sa tubig ang radiator? matakaw as in sa umaga bagong refill sya. pero pagdating ng hapon halos wala ng tubig (eh sa work lng nman sa makati ako nagpunta). buti na lang lagi ako me 2 gallons of water na dala kaya naaagapan ang overheating. but i find this very abnormal and alarming.

i'm driving a corolla xl 89.

salamat posa makakapagbigay ng payo.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Aside from checking the radiator and reservoir for leaks, check the hoses and change your radiator cap (especially kung di pa napapalitan)...

Is there a constant drippping of water when you start the engine? If there is, it could be your water pump is busted/borken... this usually happens with old cars. Just make sure that the water dripping isnt from the A/C system.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may leak nga system mo. korek si vinj, just follow what he said. with the rate your water is disappearing, you won't have a hard time finding the leak. [/code]

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    most probably radiator cap... nung sira na akin, i had to refill almost daily, nung pinalitan ko yung cap, mga once every 2-3weeks nalang... kung di traffic, almost once a month lang ako nagrerefill sa reservoir (not the radiator itself)

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ah ok. thanx peeps.

radiator problem