New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    no traces talaga, weird.

trying a stronger mix of coolant para hindi na mag evaporate ang water. but i think 1 liter of coolant is too mch na coz medyo matagal na umakyat to normal temp. before was using 500ml only

about the caps, yes yun ang una suspect ko, the resovoir cap first. kasi plastic lang sya kaya can come loose easily, hindi naman (but i really believe a loose reservoir cap made me lose water in the first place). the radiator cap fits snugly, the neck of the radiator is not malformed or uneven, even the spring is working ok. i usually refill water via th reservoir about 250ml a month.

baka mechanic nalang talaga, it could be dripping from the water pump but too minute to detect as a puddle on the floor. or bad luck in the surplus radiator.

just came from a 90min trip to manila from marikina. aside from the usual flauctation in temp (no overheating) car's normal. will check in the morning if i lost some water.

thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's possible that your water pump is not turning as fast as it should be or water in the radiator is not flowing as fast as it should be (e.g. barado ang radiotor core).

Resulting in water not circulating to the radiator.

Causing it to boil over and become vapor exiting via the overflow hose.

Resulting in water loss.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    happened to me, no visible leaks upon inspection pero maguguglat ka na lang biglang tataas temp...pag tingin mo sa radiator ubos ang tubig pero walang basa sa engine bay.. so pinagaw nung friend ko... pinalagyan ng food coloring sa radiator to see saan ang tulo sa cooling system, turns out pin hole sa radiator na sobrang liit... na yung tulo bago pa mabasa egine bay, nag evaporate na... kaya overhaul radiator... ayos na

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Change your radiator cap usually ang radiator cap mukhang okay pero nauubos ung tubig and try overhauling the radiator you need to do this sometime and it helps na bombahan ng tubig ung radiator once in a while for old cars or for cars na wla nang coolant. My mechanic told me that if you have a car nad rans out of coolant replace it immediately with coolant and wilkins mineral water kasi to avoid corrosion. Ako my cars if ever kailangan dag dagan i use bottled water not from the faucet.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    has any one tried a "stop radiator leaks" product. i always see these chemicals made by prestone. will it work as claimed or db kaya it will enhance clogging or other ill effects. pang lubricate din daw ng water pump.

at around ph200 might want to try it muna kahit stop gap solution. budget constraints kasi for radiator repair or water pump replacement.

right now the condition is, after about 100kms of daily drive, maybe 6-8 ounces of water daily replace ko. and thats with a strong coolant mix na.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    This is a clear sign of cylinder head gasket failing. Have it check and replace.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tuned View Post
    This is a clear sign of cylinder head gasket failing. Have it check and replace.
    any other sign of a defective cylinder head gasket? notice ko kasi nagbabawas na din ng tubig engine ko, eh...

thanks..

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    lagi nauubos tubig sa radiator pero dun sa coolant reservoir meron naman lagi. then meron parang konti oil na napapansin ko sa loob ng radiator pag nilagyan ng tubig. one more thing parang amoy gas ang tubig sa reservoir at radiator.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    might be a head gasket failure pero hard to say for sure

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    open the rad cap, start the car. kung malakas talsik ng tubig then it's busted.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Radiator Losing Water [Merged]