New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    mga tsikoter,may affect ba? kapag damage na ang radiator cup seal sa increase ng temperture kapag naka high speed above 100km, pls somebody kindly explain this to me..hindi ko pa alam ang relation at function ng radiator cup...kasi kapag nag high speed ako above 100km, tumataas ang temp at around 75% on gauge, simpre bawas agad ako ng speed at check ko agad ang tubig sa radiator, napansin ko na bawas ang tubig ko, at napansin ko lang ay walang seal ang radiator cup ang pinaka unang seal.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Replace your cap. If it doesn't seal properly, your fluid boils over and your temperatures go up.

The radiator cap is not just a cap, it's the pressure release valve for your entire cooling system. If it's damaged, sisingaw ang radiator mo, kahit di pa mataas yung pressure. And that's really really really REALLY bad for your car.

Again, replace the cap. Get a good one. Caps may look cheap, but they're no joke.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    sir niky,Thanks for advice, I will secure this morning, anu ba ang mas magandang brand or generic lahat ng radiator cup?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Federal Mogul is generally okay. I can't vouch for the others.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    add ko lang.

A radiator cap pressurizes the cooling system. In effect, it increases the boiling point of the water by a few degees celcius. It also controls the flow of coolant to your reserviour and back to your engine.

For a more detailed explanation

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/cooling-system7.htm

And get a cap with the correct pressure rating.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    My uncle was having problems with the temperature of his Lancer for a number of years already. After changing most of the usual suspects, I suggested that he change his radiator cap. Yun lang pala ang problema, the temperature is now within the normal range.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    if in doubt, change your cap. changing it every 2 years is cheap insurance.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    thanks for the info, naka bili na ako ng radiator cup but this add's to my confusion, my damage radiator cup has a mark of 1.4, but the new cup has mark of 0.9kg/cm, i think this is refer to radiator pressure, can any body pls explain to me what is the right pressure or is this depend on the size of the radiator...or is there a range? or what happen if under pressure the cover the colant might be over flow.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It should be the same pressure or higher. If you can't find any in that pressure range, 0.9 is a good "panakip butas"... but keep looking for a higher pressure one.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    thanks po sa mga nag reply at nag share ng mga info. okay na po ang cover ng radiator ko working panaman ang 0.9kgcm na presure relief, wala pa naman akong makitang kaibahan.....regards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
radiator cup damage seal, can induce high temp.