New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Kahapon po pina charge ko ng freon yung 1997 L300 Versa Van ko. Di ako sure with the type ng freon na dapat ikarga, pero ang kinarga po based sa resibo is R12. I read today na R134 system na ang L300 from this year/model.

Ano po effects kung na charge ng r12 ang r134 na system? and what should i do?

Salamat.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gerald_g View Post
    Kahapon po pina charge ko ng freon yung 1997 L300 Versa Van ko. Di ako sure with the type ng freon na dapat ikarga, pero ang kinarga po based sa resibo is R12. I read today na R134 system na ang L300 from this year/model.

Ano po effects kung na charge ng r12 ang r134 na system? and what should i do?

Salamat.

the system has to be flushed and the oil replaced with PAG based oil, the receiver/drier has to be replaced too. the service ports need to be fitted with the R134a quick disconnect service fittings to prevent future contamination by introducing R12 just like what has happened to your system. a retrofit kit includes but is not limited to: service fittings, retrofit tags, PAG based lubricant and R134a refrigerant.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    *gerald_g, if it is an original R134a, most probably they used PAG oil, if your technician recharge it with R12, magkaroon ka ng problema sa iyong lubricant (compressor oil) because it will not mix with R12, in due time puwedeng masira ang iyong compressor because the lack of lubricant circulating in the system.

mabuti gawin mo diyan, recover the R12, dehydrate (vacuum) the system and recharge with R134a.

R134 charged with r12