New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Good day fellow tsikot members,

I just would like to ask what will be the effect to the car engine of a radiator fan spinning in reverse? I suddenly found out that my uncle's car radiator fan (puller fan) spin in reverse which instead of pulling air from the grille to the hood, it push air outside the grille from the radiator.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by zap.FREEDOM View Post
    Good day fellow tsikot members,

I just would like to ask what will be the effect to the car engine of a radiator fan spinning in reverse? I suddenly found out that my uncle's car radiator fan (puller fan) spin in reverse which instead of pulling air from the grille to the hood, it push air outside the grille from the radiator.
    if the fan rotation makes the air flow go against the ram air, it will overheat while the car is in motion. to correct this, you can reverse the polarity making the fan air the same direction as the ram air

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Yes, reverse polarity lang para mabago yung ikot, usually dapat papasok yung hangin sa loob galing sa labas, pag tumatakbo yan hirap yung fan kase baligtad yung ikot salungat sa hangin

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    thanks po sa tips, ok na, i just followed what you said masters, I reversed the polarity + and -, sabi ng uncle ko nagkamali daw siguro yung mechanic sa pag-install nung fan na huling pinagawan niya ng radiator a week ago, parehas kasi black yung wire ng + and -. kaya pala nagtataka ako nataas ang rpm (1000rpm, from 800rpm) niya in long drives saka nag-eexceed sa kalahati yung temperature (above 1/2) kala ko engine problem, yun pala reverse spin radiator fan lang pala problema, ngayon ok, swabe na ulit.

Puller Fan, Pusher Fan. Query