New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    I've got a 96 JDM pajero that has a tendency to lose its freon every 2 months, I've tried 12 shops already, replaced both front and rear condenser, evaporator, compressor but it still loses its freon every 2 months. I'm getting frustrated that everytime i change shop they seem to look at the same places and try to do the same thing with same result. They can't seem to find the leak since it is so slow. I've heard that some shops have a freon sniffer or freon dye, does anybody have any idea where i can find those kind of shops? i'm getting kinda frustrated with the aircon already

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    use electronic leak detector and nitrogen pressurized at 150 psi with .25 kilo of refrigerant to properly pinpoint the leak and recheck it with soap and water .

the shops don't have to dismantle any of your AC components just to do a leak test

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    try mo CEEJAY, nagpagawa ako sa kanila and they did a leak check sa compressor and evaporator using nitrogen, found pin hole leak sa evaporator, but they need to remove it ang submerge sa water.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    If it looses refrigerant every 2 months, your leak is really small and it will be hard to find. Best bet is to have a dye injected. Make sure also that everytime you tap up refrigerant, add a little compressor oil to replenish what you have lost until the leak has been found. This is to prevent damaging your compressor.

Pajero Slow Aircon Leak