New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    hi guys, i have a 4k engine in my owner type jeep, my temperature gauge is not working so bought i new one. i had it replaced yesterday. may i know what is the normal operating temperature of this type of engine or it applies to all engine types? i dont have a baseline data about temperature of this engine because i bought this unit in 2nd hand, 3rd hand rather... and temp gauge is not working as well. so masters, can you tell me what is the normal operating temp pls.. so that i will be aware if it exceeded/overheating..

thank you..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Normally white and red zone lang naka indicate sa temperature gauge.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    Normally white and red zone lang naka indicate sa temperature gauge.
    You want an actual celsius reading?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    good day masters, not really an actual one but since the gauge i bought is just the normal one.. this only cost me 250 pesos, its grid starts with 120 then 150 then 190 and so on... i really don't know if it's in celcius or fahrenheit. i ran for about 15km today and it did not even move a lil bit. i just assumed that the water temperature did not reached 120 degrees celsius or fahrenheit because im not really sure what is the label of it.

i hope someone could share their ideas about this... thanks in advance...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by exoskeleton View Post
    good day masters, not really an actual one but since the gauge i bought is just the normal one.. this only cost me 250 pesos, its grid starts with 120 then 150 then 190 and so on... i really don't know if it's in celcius or fahrenheit. i ran for about 15km today and it did not even move a lil bit. i just assumed that the water temperature did not reached 120 degrees celsius or fahrenheit because im not really sure what is the label of it.

i hope someone could share their ideas about this... thanks in advance...
    Farenheit iyan.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    On average, I think it should be between 90-110 C which is 194-230 F.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if the gauge has no numbers on it, midway would be a good reading. but in heavy traffic on a hot day, slightly more than halfway is still ok. and i would start looking at the needle more, if it starts creeping to 3/4 of the way..
    my 83 centavos' worth..

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    It did not move a bit, maybe because you removed the thermostat...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    the thermostat causes faster temp rise in the engine block. you can usually see the needle move after only 2 km.. but if the thermostat is removed, it would take considerably more time for the needle to start moving , mebbe 2 to 3 times longer.
    btw, check the connections... baka hindi kunektado..