New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    I bought a new sportage. Didnt realize until an hour after I drove out of the casa that the new sportage is not equipped with a temperature gauge on the dashboard. When I checked with the sales rep, sabi niya ganun na talaga, there is a pilot light that will light up red when it is overheating. Wow. Personally, I think it is still better to have a temperature gauge, at least when it starts going up than its normal operating level, you can already suspect something is wrong BEFORE it hits the red line. What else can I do for a vehicle like this without a temperature gauge?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by altec View Post
    What else can I do for a vehicle like this without a temperature gauge?
    You can have an aftermarket temp gauge and matching sensor installed. You will have to decide where to locate such a gauge to be located.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by altec View Post
    I bought a new sportage. Didnt realize until an hour after I drove out of the casa that the new sportage is not equipped with a temperature gauge on the dashboard. When I checked with the sales rep, sabi niya ganun na talaga, there is a pilot light that will light up red when it is overheating. Wow. Personally, I think it is still better to have a temperature gauge, at least when it starts going up than its normal operating level, you can already suspect something is wrong BEFORE it hits the red line. What else can I do for a vehicle like this without a temperature gauge?
    Our new Ford Fiesta (bought 12/17/2010) also does not have a temp gauge. Were you able to solve your problem?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Just so to be clear... When the temp indicator lights up, it doesn't mean that it's already too late. The designers aren't that stupid. In most cases, a lit warning indicator is more conspicuous than to see minute movements of the temp needle. When it initially lights up red, it means that it has reached a certain temp range beyond what the designers specified as normal (but not necessarily in the red zone). But needless to say, prolonged use in that condition is something you should avoid.

no temperature gauge at dashboard