New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Hi mga pafs,

Need help about my Nissan lec-ps (carb). Nauubusan ako ng water sa reservior lets say pag naglagay ako ng monday by friday ubos na. Di ko makita kung saan ang leak i tried to check may radiator by taking off my rad cap while on idle. pag naka on and Aux fan( when aircon is ON) napapansin ko rin na hindi umaangat ang tubig sa rad pero pag naka off ang AUX fan umaangat ang tubig saka may konting bubbles tapos pag bukas ulit ng rad fan( turning on the aricon) baba yung tubig at walang bubbles. I never experience over heat so far in my long drives tagaytay- manila , bulacan- manila batangas-manila no. So im not sure if it has something to do with a leak in radiator, water pump, or cylinder head gasket. So far very normal ang auto , normal temp, idling, responsive and fuel consumption di rin na talsik ang oil sa dipstick, wala ring halong langis ang radiator at walang white smoke.

Nauubus lang talaga yung water sa reservoir (in a span of 4 days) and some bubbles pag naka off ang aux fan.

Need your help mga pafs and if you can recommend a rad shop here in cainta ( PM po) salamat po!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Assuming you cannot see an visible signs of a water leak anywhere around the engine bay, then you might assume it's a leak inside the engine. Can you check if the oil is uncontaminated. IF oil is okay, then the leak might have gone straight into the engine's cylinders through a broken engine gasket.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Sir just checked the oil. No signs of water and Coolant mixing with the oil. Napansin ko lang after long drive pag pinasingaw ko yung rad cap, may usok yung rad cap. Need more help mga pafs.

Or need lang po ba i bleed?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Have your replaced your radiator cap recently? If not in the last three years, try that first.

Another source of water leaks on the carb GA engines are the bypass hoses behind the engine, below the carb. Usually you won't see the leak since it drips directly onto the hot manifold of the engine and evaporates immediately. This is the case on our 1994 Sentra 1.4L and i just put water every so often until i get around to having it repaired.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Have your replaced your radiator cap recently? If not in the last three years, try that first.

Another source of water leaks on the carb GA engines are the bypass hoses behind the engine, below the carb. Usually you won't see the leak since it drips directly onto the hot manifold of the engine and evaporates immediately. This is the case on our 1994 Sentra 1.4L and i just put water every so often until i get around to having it repaired.
    = Sir vinj Kamusta sir. I was able to fix my black smoke before just as your advice, sa carb nga oks na oks na siya ngayun hehe . Sir most likely how much will it be for a new bypass hose para sabay ko na bilihin with cap. pati radiator hose palitan ko an rin kaya. Actually hindi ako nag da-dagdag ng tubig directly sa radiator kasi when i open it under normal temp sakto lang yung tubig. ang nauubus lang is yung water sa reservoir.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by AsyongNissan View Post
    = Sir vinj Kamusta sir. I was able to fix my black smoke before just as your advice, sa carb nga oks na oks na siya ngayun hehe . Sir most likely how much will it be for a new bypass hose para sabay ko na bilihin with cap. pati radiator hose palitan ko an rin kaya. Actually hindi ako nag da-dagdag ng tubig directly sa radiator kasi when i open it under normal temp sakto lang yung tubig. ang nauubus lang is yung water sa reservoir.
    I'm not sure on the costs yet since hindi pa ako nagcanvass. May one year mahigit na nagbabawas yung sa amin and i just keep adding water to the reservoir since the car is rarely used. It's the same case, yung reservoir ang nagababawas. After we overhauled the radiator, the leak left was in the bypass hose area. I discovered it when i heard water dripping and sizzling/evaporating after parking one time and i confirmed it with a friend who also had a 1.4 JX before.

Most likely ipapagawa namin kay Jorge in Banawe (same shop as Jemson the electrician) as they can do the repair. For parts, we either get at Youngbros (Banawe) or Nisway (near Ligaya/Marcos hiway).

7. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I'm not sure on the costs yet since hindi pa ako nagcanvass. May one year mahigit na nagbabawas yung sa amin and i just keep adding water to the reservoir since the car is rarely used. It's the same case, yung reservoir ang nagababawas. After we overhauled the radiator, the leak left was in the bypass hose area. I discovered it when i heard water dripping and sizzling/evaporating after parking one time and i confirmed it with a friend who also had a 1.4 JX before.

Most likely ipapagawa namin kay Jorge in Banawe (same shop as Jemson the electrician) as they can do the repair. For parts, we either get at Youngbros (Banawe) or Nisway (near Ligaya/Marcos hiway).
    = Ah siguro di ko rin napapansin yun. Pag nag re-rev ako habang walang rad cap hindi naman umaapaw yung tubig or niluluwa yung tubig niether popping many bubbles. Yung bubbles pag naka idle lang not that frequent and hindi bubbles na parang sabon or may halong oil or may kakaibang amoy as in clear lang. yung rad cap mukang luma na rin kasi. pati yung host. kung sakali sir PM mo naman sakin specific name ng shop ni jorge ng banawe.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    How quickly are you losing coolant?

There's a leak somewhere, it may not necessarily be dripping but evaporating. Difficult to determine given the information you've provided.

You can try replacing your radiator cap. If you're still losing coolant you can try going to your reservoir and see if that in itself has any leaks.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by EVO-V View Post
    How quickly are you losing coolant?

There's a leak somewhere, it may not necessarily be dripping but evaporating. Difficult to determine given the information you've provided.

You can try replacing your radiator cap. If you're still losing coolant you can try going to your reservoir and see if that in itself has any leaks.
    agree.... last week lang nangyari sa akin yan, where i've lost all the coolant na nakalagay sa reservoir ko. i just had my annual radiator flushing din. before nun, hindi nangyayari yan.

i've noticed na maluwag yung pagkakakabit ng rad cap ko... so hinigpitan ko lang (4 years pa lang naman yung oto ko eh.) and had it observed for a couple of days... hindi nababawasan.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    agree.... last week lang nangyari sa akin yan, where i've lost all the coolant na nakalagay sa reservoir ko. i just had my annual radiator flushing din. before nun, hindi nangyayari yan.

i've noticed na maluwag yung pagkakakabit ng rad cap ko... so hinigpitan ko lang (4 years pa lang naman yung oto ko eh.) and had it observed for a couple of days... hindi nababawasan.

= As for my rad cap mukang ok naman yung fitting niya di naman lost thread pero mukang luma na rin. I never had a radiator flushing done on my ride, 3rd sa list ko yan. 1st rad cap,bypass hose, then radiator flushing na hope it will fix the prolem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast