New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Hi.
    My car is 1997 Corolla Xl Big Body. Just yesterday, got overheating problem and coolant flowed out of the expansion tank. From cold start, temp keeps on rising after 15-20 mins, and you cal see coolant dripping out of the reservoir. What do you think is the culprit?

Any mechanic from taguig who can check my injured car, parked at mckinley hill, fb, taguig city?

2. Join Date
    May 2012
    Blown gasket?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    ouch... Sana hindi... Mahal kaya pa-fix nun?
    Would anybody like to suggest an on-call mechanic near taguig area?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jyg1995 View Post
    Blown gasket?
    Yan din hula ko. Pressure from the cylinder head caused your rad to burst leaks.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    If it's blown head gasket, is it still safe to travel around 3-10 kms, madala ko lang sa talyer?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Don't know. But if you are gonna bring it to the talyer, do it early early morning. This is to lessen travel time and have a relatively colder weather. Bring extra coolant and lots of water and stop when necessary ie your gauge tells you to. Have it cool down, refill coolant and water.

Btw stop in place where it will not be inconvenient to anyone.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    It is a symptom of a blown cylinder head gasket. Top overhaul work is your solution.

Sent from my Starmobile UP+ using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by fredzkii View Post
    If it's blown head gasket, is it still safe to travel around 3-10 kms, madala ko lang sa talyer?
    Have it towed instead of running it. Just my suggestion. Kung meron kang friend na may car or any vehicle na pwede mo ipahila patungo sa talyer na nais mong dalhin. Kaysa itakbo mo papunta, para iwas na rin sa complete overhaul.

Sent from my Starmobile UP+ using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Thanks to all...

A mechanic agreed to have it checked tomorrow sa site, hope it will be fixed... I'll update this thread regarding the outcome.

Cheers.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    or it could be a bad thermostat. sana nga para menos gastos.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Needs Help!!! Overheating and coolant reservoir overflowing