New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    while i was driving today, my ac was set on number 2, next thing you know, it just stopped blowing air. so i turned it to number 3 and 4 and its blowing stronger for some odd reason. i tried playing around with the other buttons and still my number 1 and 2 setting on my a/c does not blow. any1 ever experienced this before? what can be the problem? TIA

BTW...my car is a civic eg...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Pa check mo na lang sa Auto aircon shop ganyan rin nangyari sa akin may inayos lang na electrical wiring sa aircon sa ilalim ng glove compartment.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by aQord View Post
    while i was driving today, my ac was set on number 2, next thing you know, it just stopped blowing air. so i turned it to number 3 and 4 and its blowing stronger for some odd reason. i tried playing around with the other buttons and still my number 1 and 2 setting on my a/c does not blow. any1 ever experienced this before? what can be the problem? TIA

BTW...my car is a civic eg...

Possibly the speed control for the A/C blower uses a resistor. And the resistor has burned out from use and age.

You will need to have the resistor replaced.

It's not expensive. Its probably the same problem with Nissan Sentra series 2 A/C blower speed control.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    ^ malamang sa resistor nga yan....

5. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    swerte kung nadaan sa kaskas lang yan hehehe!! better have it check

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    it's the "resistor block" being the culprit

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    If it's the resistor, most probably na putol na yung coils. If so, try mo muna pa solder lang yung coil instead of replacing the whole thing all at once. Minsan kasi it does the job well. Alam ko there are about 2-3 coils dun sa resistor e.

I got a replacement for 1.5K nung nasira yung saken although this one is the encapsulated type. Hindi na exposed yung coils nya. HTH!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    resistor block yan yun nasa case ng evaporator pag sa civic dali lang palitan yan naka screw lang yon, pag natanggal mo gloves box kita mo na yon, mura lang replacement nun my quality naman 500pesos sa tindahan ng auto-aircon, pag sa dealer mo binili 2K.... mabuhay....

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    *TS: Sir pa-update naman nito kung ano mga inaayos sa aircon mo.

Ganito din problem ko ngayon. Same car, Honda Civic EG.

Will keep in mind the replies on this thread. Really helpful.

Dalhin ko sa CeeJay Aircon soon.

Sana minimal lang yung gastos.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Called CeeJay Aircon just now and they confirmed the Civic EG uses the "coil type" (for whatever it is, I don't really know).

They charge P1,800 for a brand new OEM unit (with installation).

Not really sure if it's a fair price.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
my a/c blower does not work on 1 or 2...