New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Mitsubishi Strada 2007, 4x4 Diesel, M/T.

Having issues with my car aircon lately. First when it stays still like in traffic, after a miunte or two the air coming out of it becomes hot. But when the car moves like 30kph/h everything goes back to normal. Its just when its idle. specially in the hot mornings to afternoon. its unbearable. I have the a/c cleand a year ago. cleaned the filter and added freon. But it was still the same. Now its getting worse. In addition of hot air coming out of the a/c after few seconds you can hear a loud sound i don't know how to describe it but its like a "lady screaming on top of her lungs on a high pitch". then i would just turn of the a/c and it stops. but when i do turn it back on while the car is still. the same thing happens. Do you guys have any idea whats happening?

Im looking for a credible shop yet affordable in Quezon City. And if possible an idea on how much im going to spend to have it fixed in general. I have read some thread here and im considering Frigid Zone in congressional ave. But i need 2 more for comparison of prices.

Thanks in advanced for any feedbacks! I would really appreciate it.

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by burawski View Post
    its like a "lady screaming on top of her lungs on a high pitch".
    yung nanay mo yun chief, umuwi ka na raw sabi....

biro lang.

palitin na siguro serpentine belt nyan. kelan ba huling napalitan?

or baka mahina tension nung tensioner. pwede ring bearing ng tensioner yung screaming sound.

clutch fan ay isa rin sigurong dahilan. mahina na ang kapit lalu na kung mainit. kaso may screaming (or chirping sound) kamo.

other than that e within the A/C parts na siguro (exp valve, cond, evap, comp)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    yung nanay mo yun chief, umuwi ka na raw sabi....

biro lang.

palitin na siguro serpentine belt nyan. kelan ba huling napalitan?

or baka mahina tension nung tensioner. pwede ring bearing ng tensioner yung screaming sound.

clutch fan ay isa rin sigurong dahilan. mahina na ang kapit lalu na kung mainit. kaso may screaming (or chirping sound) kamo.

other than that e within the A/C parts na siguro (exp valve, cond, evap, comp)
    Haha! thanks sir for the feedback. I was leaning more in the bearing of some sort because of the sound it made. Any shop you could recommend to have it checked?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Napalitan naba compressor ng unit mo?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Hindi pa po.

Mitsubishi Strada 2007 A/C issues help!