New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jakewise View Post
    I got it from a dealer but said that it is not available already that is why I am trying to source outside nalang

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just convert it to mechanical thermoswitch. Yung may adjustable knob.. i think standard naman yan 3 pin thermosensor.. parang ganyan din gamit ng kia at mitsu

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Just convert it to mechanical thermoswitch. Yung may adjustable knob.. i think standard naman yan 3 pin thermosensor.. parang ganyan din gamit ng kia at mitsu
    As mentioned earlier, I did that before but noticed mabilis mag shut off ang compressor ko kahit hindi pa masyadong malamig unlike the electronic one. That is why I thought na ang calibration is different kaya I am hoping to get the same electronic thermosensor to have the same comfort as it is

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    As mentioned earlier, I did that before but noticed mabilis mag shut off ang compressor ko kahit hindi pa masyadong malamig unlike the electronic one. That is why I thought na ang calibration is different kaya I am hoping to get the same electronic thermosensor to have the same comfort as it is

doesn't setting the cool to maximum, help?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    doesn't setting the cool to maximum, help?
    Surprisingly, it did not. I already set it to maximum but still shuts off even if interior is not that cold yet compared to the electronic thermosensor. I really wondered why it is like that, that’s why I presumed that the calibration of the mechanical thermostat is different from the electronic one. Hoping also that someone who is well versed on car refrigeration can chime in to comment on this issue if there is really a difference on the calibration of the manual to electronic thermostats.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Surprisingly, it did not. I already set it to maximum but still shuts off even if interior is not that cold yet compared to the electronic thermosensor. I really wondered why it is like that, that’s why I presumed that the calibration of the mechanical thermostat is different from the electronic one. Hoping also that someone who is well versed on car refrigeration can chime in to comment on this issue if there is really a difference on the calibration of the manual to electronic thermostats.

has your aircon been "tampered with" ?
    i mean, are the other components original?
    i used to have a sedan. its evaporator sprung a leak. the aircon guy scrimped on the replacement component, by installing a cheaper model that fit the space, but was not a match to the car's aircon system. the resultant cool was "hilaw". replacing the evaporator with the correct but much more expensive evaporator model, brought the cool back to factory spec.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    It isn't the compressor, although my compressor is also Zexel. I am looking for the thermosensor or thermoresistor or some call it the amplifier or thermostat controller. It is for my Isuzu trooper 1997 model local version.
    Please read again.

I didn't say it's the compressor bro.

I said it is the (same) brand.

Some local aircon spare parts shops carry zexel.

There used to be a shop in the Kabihasnan Paranaque area, from the intersection going to the LPC direction, who used to sell zexel parts. Forgot the name. If you're near the area, worth checking it out.

Still using R12?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    There are other reasons why it would stop cooling prematurely. Some vehicles have safeties that will disengage the compressor when there are issues. Some of which are, over-charging/under-charging of the refrigerant, engine overheating, etc. It could also be the compressor clutch thermal fuse cutting supply to the coils (due likely to overheating or a short in the coil). These are just off the top of my head.

It's not my intention to make things complicated... just saying that unless you're absolutely sure that the above-mentioned temp sensor is really defective, I suggest you have it looked up by a qualified A/C technician.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Please read again.

I didn't say it's the compressor bro.

I said it is the (same) brand.

Some local aircon spare parts shops carry zexel.

There used to be a shop in the Kabihasnan Paranaque area, from the intersection going to the LPC direction, who used to sell zexel parts. Forgot the name. If you're near the area, worth checking it out.

Still using R12?
    Sorry I misunderstood your statement as I was on the road earlier when I read it. I am in the province so I don't have the chance to visit the area unless there is a contact number that I can call so I can probably have it delivered via air freight if they have one available.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    has your aircon been "tampered with" ?
    i mean, are the other components original?
    i used to have a sedan. its evaporator sprung a leak. the aircon guy scrimped on the replacement component, by installing a cheaper model that fit the space, but was not a match to the car's aircon system. the resultant cool was "hilaw". replacing the evaporator with the correct but much more expensive evaporator model, brought the cool back to factory spec.
    The aircon has been cleaned few months ago and was performing very well until yesterday, the same symptoms I experienced so many years ago before I had my thermosensor replaced also.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    There are other reasons why it would stop cooling prematurely. Some vehicles have safeties that will disengage the compressor when there are issues. Some of which are, over-charging/under-charging of the refrigerant, engine overheating, etc. It could also be the compressor clutch thermal fuse cutting supply to the coils (due likely to overheating or a short in the coil). These are just off the top of my head.

It's not my intention to make things complicated... just saying that unless you're absolutely sure that the above-mentioned temp sensor is really defective, I suggest you have it looked up by a qualified A/C technician.
    Thanks for your input and I am fully aware of the other variables. It is just that the car is showing the same symptoms I had years back when I was forced to replace the thermosensor.
    Earlier, I was at the local aircon parts supply here in the province and they confirmed that the mechanical thermostat has a different calibration from the electronics thermostat which confirmed my theory earlier. In this regard, I have no choice but to look for a supplier for the thermosensor.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast