New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    question mga sir, pag binubuksan ko ang aircon ng innova namin meron foul odor lagi. me nakaexperience na ba nito?
    thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by anya618 View Post
    question mga sir, pag binubuksan ko ang aircon ng innova namin meron foul odor lagi. me nakaexperience na ba nito?
    thanks in advance

if the evaporator housing drain is clogged up it will accumulate condensate and slowly eat the aluminum cooling fins up. this will cause the foul odor. the drain has to be unclogged using a flexible non-metallic material like the nylon string for a bushcutter or a thick nylon fishing line. an aerosol spray is also applied to the evaporator housing to neutralize or reduce the smell

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by anya618 View Post
    thanks in advance
    Your innova year model is 2009, it has a filter located at the back of the glove compartment, remove first the glove compartment and you could see a black plastic housing with a flat rectangular shape cover "1-1/2 inches high by 9 inches in length, remove this cover to access the filter. Replace or Clean it. Also try to look around within this filter housing and look for possible dead mice or lizzard that could be the source of the foul odor.

innova 09 aircon problem