New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    hi,

i had my freon recharged due to a failed fan. ok na ang fan. freon is recharged, cabin is cool, but how do i know if enough freon was put into the system (just a means of checking)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    The most correct way is the get the factory specification and charge it accordingly. let's say 650 gms for a corolla with a tolerance of + for - 50 gms. Common practice hre in the philippines is they based it on bubbles on the sight glass of the receiver dryer and the pressure gauges which i believe is not the correct practice.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Ano po ba static reading (and during idle) ng pressure gauges bago po kayo nag-add ng freon. At about 25 C ambient temp around 85 PSI ay ok na.

During idle mga around 27-30 PSI low side, 170 PSI high side for R12 or 185 PSI for R134A at 25 C anmbient temp.

This is for single set-up system for ex. in sedans, with the compressor and other components in good condition..

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by warrior View Post
    The most correct way is the get the factory specification and charge it accordingly. let's say 650 gms for a corolla with a tolerance of + for - 50 gms. Common practice hre in the philippines is they based it on bubbles on the sight glass of the receiver dryer and the pressure gauges which i believe is not the correct practice.
    agree ako dito

add ko lang , the best kung meron a/c machine yung service centre.

that's the way to accurately measure the refrigerant content .

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Getting it by weight, will get you to the factory specs, pero dito sa pinas uso yung dagdag lang ng freon without evacuating the system. May freon pang fake dito.

In an old machine which has already deteriorated much from factory specs, charging it to the full may slow the car further, with overheating, noise and so on.

In these cases one may judiciously use their pressure gauges. Sometimes, it calls to make a decision if one can live with a car w/c cools just enough.

I charge by weight, pero kung kelangan magbawas ng pressure for smoother driving eh tinatanong ko sa technician, bearing in mind na yang mga abnormal pressures ay resulta din ng faulty aircon components.

Tanong ko lang po, bakit kelangan ng recharge ng freon for a failed fan.

how much is enough freon?