Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    your call pre.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by choycontreras View Post
    Point of argument:

Mineral water does contain minerals but it is without the scale-causing Calcium and Magnesium ions (which when combined with metals, form oxides or salts). Mineral water processed in the shops pass thru the - water 'softening' stage. Have majored in Chemistry so I believe this is how it goes.

Practical explanation - you dont see scaling in your 'mineral' water containers, do you?
    Tap water used in containers do have a lot of these scale causing minerals, thus creating chalky residue on top.
    Correct. But common sense should have dictated that distilled water is still the best way to go. Soft water may still contain small amounts of Ca and Mg and may not entirely be eliminated (hence, the term "mineral water" : meaning, it still contains minerals). I don't see the point of putting mineral water in you radiator when distilled water basically costs the same and is readilly available..gets???

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Dun sa casa, tinanggal talaga yung radiator ng kotse ko, pero gumamit muna ng 'in-house' radiator flush bago tinanggal.

While the radiator was being reverse-flushed, yung engine pina-andar with a supply of running (tap) water through a hose.

Lahat ng cooling system hose and reservoir was flushed.

Tapos, balik na, and the 50/50 glycol/distilled water was put in, and it was good for the next five years.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    of you can just have a lavramon type service done para simpler.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by choycontreras View Post
    Point of argument:

Mineral water does contain minerals but it is without the scale-causing Calcium and Magnesium ions (which when combined with metals, form oxides or salts). Mineral water processed in the shops pass thru the - water 'softening' stage. Have majored in Chemistry so I believe this is how it goes.

Practical explanation - you dont see scaling in your 'mineral' water containers, do you?
    Tap water used in containers do have a lot of these scale causing minerals, thus creating chalky residue on top.

Your arguement is good only in paper. However, you won't distincly see scaling in clear plastic bottles since it won't stick to plastic due to absence of ionic charge. While metals do have a charge. Only way to verify their presence/absence is to boil the water. If there is no chalky residue at bottom of vessel after you pour out the hot water, then there's no Ca/ Mg.

Chaulky residue on containers of tap might be other impurities, since Ca/Mg do not have exclusive affinity to surface tension. And if it does, they won't be visible in bottles since they are filled to the rims.

Distillation burns off all remaining Ca/Mg

You might have a major in Chemistry but I'm a genius

6. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by pdc2 View Post
    Flushing the radiator is easy, DIY lang:

2. Remove also the water/coolant on the reserve tank as this may also contain dirt accumulated over the years.
    sorry, for a stupid question. pero pano po ba idedrain yung sa reserve tank? wala namang drain plug yun?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ramziboy View Post
    sorry, for a stupid question. pero pano po ba idedrain yung sa reserve tank? wala namang drain plug yun?

You can pull out the tank check where it is connected to the body of the car it just slips off

8. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ramziboy View Post

hehe!pre tapon mo lang sa bunganga ng reserve tank, liit lang naman nyan..:old:

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    Mga bros, nag flush ako radiator
    ok ba yun condition nung water?
    Yun white debris, galing sa basin mismo.
    Lagyan ko muna distilled water, pwede ko na ba lagyan long life coolant after?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-C900F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    ilang taon na yan sasakyan? looks clean and alaga naman..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
How to flush the radiator