New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    hi,

are there any other ways of telling that you are running low in refrigirant besides loss of cooling?

in my case kasi, i do not feel any loss in cooling, but here's the observation...

whenever the a/c engages (the compressor turns), the engine would idle erratically (even though its running at 900 rpm). no noise in the compressor. as for the frequency of clicks (engagement of the a/c clutch), i can't tell.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by spyghost View Post
    hi,

are there any other ways of telling that you are running low in refrigirant besides loss of cooling?

in my case kasi, i do not feel any loss in cooling, but here's the observation...

whenever the a/c engages (the compressor turns), the engine would idle erratically (even though its running at 900 rpm). no noise in the compressor. as for the frequency of clicks (engagement of the a/c clutch), i can't tell.
    try to look at the dryer. usually it has a clear glass on top of it in which you can see the refrigerant. if the refrigerant is somewhat bubbly while the a/c is running, it means that you are losing refrigerant. hope this helps

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    sorry double post...
    Last edited by weremanok; June 11th, 2008 at 04:41 PM. Reason: double post...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    for how long should the a/c be running? or should it be evident as soon as i turn it on?

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    how can you tell if you have low refrigirant?
    hi,

are there any other ways of telling that you are running low in refrigirant besides loss of cooling

Pag walang refrigerant sa system, the compressor wont turn on

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa window sa dryer it should have a clear to a few bubbles it means ok pa ng freon level. pag puti na sa sobrang dami ng bubbles bawas na ang refrigerant mo.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    mga sir is it normal na pag naka idle hindi masyado malamig ang a/c for diesel engines ..?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    mga sir is it normal na pag naka idle hindi masyado malamig ang a/c for diesel engines..?
    If that is not the case when the vehicle was still brand new, then something may be wrong.

'Sight glass diagnosis' may not apply with R134 systems the best thing to do is to use the aircon service gauges and compare it with your vehicle specifications.

As to the erratic idling of 'spyghost' , it could be related to spark or fueling problem, vacuum leaks can also be a culprit. These could adversely affect the idle-up control of the engine as the aircon is switch-on especially with those having non Variable Displacement Compressors (VDC).

BTW, paano ba idle-up mechanism ng kotse mo sir spyghost. Meron bang mechanical or vacuum linkage sa accelerator, throttle opening or carburator, pwede ba i-adjust manually yung idle-up RPM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    ako naman pag a/c naka open parang hirap humatak. pinagawa ko kay mang mario yung a/c ko full cleanning pa nga pinagawa ko dun at nagpalit narin ng dryer. anu kaya prob dun.pag patay naman a/c di naman hirap.

pls help.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung nababawasan ang freon then better have it fix na...since a/c system is sealed hinde pwedeng mabawasan unless meron leak na somewhere...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
how can you tell if you have low refrigirant?