New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    The Civic FD has two fans AND two fan speeds; Low and High. They both operate simultaneously.... so both are either OFF, Low Speed, or High Speed.... no in-between.

The Low speed is triggered whenever the engine coolant reaches operating temp.

The High speed is triggered whenever the A/C is switched on, regardless of coolant temp.

The High speed will also be triggered if the coolant temp is close to overheating, regardless of whether the A/C is on or off. In fact, to preserve itself, the ECU will disable the A/C when the engine becomes in danger of overheating.

That said, the first thing to check is if both fans are spinning normally as I've explained above. If one is spinning slower than the other or is not spinning at all, it will likely need replacement. These DC motors uses carbon brushes that wear out over time. If both fans are NOT spinning even if the coolant temp is well beyond normal operating temp, you will need to check the Low speed fuse.

This is just to give you an idea of how you can approach the problem and do the diagnosing by yourself. Of course, it is still recommended to have it looked at by a reputable technician.
    Thanks sa guide po. I checked and the other fan isn't spinning. After a drive with normal temp and checked the hood, pag naka-off po AC 2-fans are not working. Pag naka-on AC ung Fan lang sa kanan naikot and intermitent po ung naganang fan, iikot then hindi.. So, ano po kaya ang papalitan? Pag bumili po ba ako ng radiator, my kasama nang fan po ba yun? or iba pa? how much po kaya aabutin? Super thank you po pala, i'm learning..

EDIT:
    May mga nabasa po ako na 1 fan lang daw talaga naikot when AC is on and iikot lang daw ung isa pag na attain na ung certain temp sa coolant? but after ko naman idrive ng matagal tagal then i turn the AC off, di parin naikot ung isa and for sure mainit na un.. haays need ko talaga dalhin sa auto shop but no to casa na muna...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Liana View Post
    Thanks sa guide po. I checked and the other fan isn't spinning. After a drive with normal temp and checked the hood, pag naka-off po AC 2-fans are not working. Pag naka-on AC ung Fan lang sa kanan naikot and intermitent po ung naganang fan, iikot then hindi.. So, ano po kaya ang papalitan? Pag bumili po ba ako ng radiator, my kasama nang fan po ba yun? or iba pa? how much po kaya aabutin? Super thank you po pala, i'm learning..

EDIT:
    May mga nabasa po ako na 1 fan lang daw talaga naikot when AC is on and iikot lang daw ung isa pag na attain na ung certain temp sa coolant? but after ko naman idrive ng matagal tagal then i turn the AC off, di parin naikot ung isa and for sure mainit na un.. haays need ko talaga dalhin sa auto shop but no to casa na muna...
    It's not the radiator. Check fan & coolant temp sensor health.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008

EDIT:
    like travs says, "it's not the radiator". buying one now may prove to be a waste of money.
    it sounds like the fan or its actuator or switch or whatever makes it stop and go. it can also be the fan motor itself. it should be easy enough to find out, via a decent shop or mekaniko.

brand new radiators and fans are sold and purchased separately. look at the carousell pictures.
    if ever an ad says radiator + fan, that's probably a surplus.

4. Join Date
    May 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    like travs says, "it's not the radiator". buying one now may prove to be a waste of money.
    it sounds like the fan or its actuator or switch or whatever makes it stop and go. it can also be the fan motor itself. it should be easy enough to find out, via a decent shop or mekaniko.

brand new radiators and fans are sold and purchased separately. look at the carousell pictures.
    if ever an ad says radiator + fan, that's probably a surplus.
    Sir thanks as always! Pinacheck ko sa pinsan ko and Motor fan was the cause. Di na naikot (Wala na daw carbon), nag direct wiring sa battery and yes di talaga naikot. Pumayag ako na baklasin nia ung motor fan, inalog then pukpok, retried and ayun gumana ulit pero sabi niya di tatagal kasi not enough na daw ung carbon sa loob, maaayos niya daw sana kung may special tools (3 holes/screws) to add the carbon which is 100 pesos lng sana gagastusin . Replaced with the same item, 3,000 Denso. Parehong fan na naikot ngayon pag open AC even if Off ang AC naikot na yung isa basta uminit na. I'm learning, Thank you for this forum.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Sir thanks as always! Pinacheck ko sa pinsan ko and Motor fan was the cause. Di na naikot (Wala na daw carbon), nag direct wiring sa battery and yes di talaga naikot. Pumayag ako na baklasin nia ung motor fan, inalog then pukpok, retried and ayun gumana ulit pero sabi niya di tatagal kasi not enough na daw ung carbon sa loob, maaayos niya daw sana kung may special tools (3 holes/screws) to add the carbon which is 100 pesos lng sana gagastusin . Replaced with the same item, 3,000 Denso. Parehong fan na naikot ngayon pag open AC even if Off ang AC naikot na yung isa basta uminit na. I'm learning, Thank you for this forum.
    good for you!
    some fans are not designed to be fixed by un-authorized tinkerers. throw-away design. but some enterprising mechanics may say that they can open it and fix it, for considerably cheaper cost than buying a new one, and last a long time afterward. ...maybe. maybe not.
    personally, for my peace of mind, i'd just replace the fan.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Glad the rad wasnt replaced...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    High temp when Aircon/Fan is off on Civic'10High temp when Aircon/Fan is off on Civic'10High temp when Aircon/Fan is off on Civic'10High temp when Aircon/Fan is off on Civic'10High temp when Aircon/Fan is off on Civic'10High temp when Aircon/Fan is off on Civic'10

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Pa repair mo yung old motor kung kaya ma repair para may extra ka just incase bumitaw yung bago..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yun replacement na circuit brand 1k+ lang, palitan mo na lang nun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Yun replacement na circuit brand 1k+ lang, palitan mo na lang nun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    many years ago,
    my old 2003 lancer cedia's fan motor died. i balked at the 8K that they were asking for the oem.
    we got the circuit brand for 990 bucks. we modified the mounting points in the spider (plastic!) for the circuit motor to fit right.
    after a year, ok pa naman. we have since sold the car.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast