New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    good day tsikoteers... just want to ask your expert opinions on my problem.. after getting my car from the workshop after an accident, i begin to hear rattle-like sound on my engine bay and it only happens when i turn on my a/c... it can also be heard only during my car is idling but when i start to press on the gas pedal, it will stop... also whenever i stop because of traffic or go slow, my a/c isn't cold anymore, it's more like a blower only, but when i start to drive again especially on long drives, the a/c doesn't seem to have a problem... san po kya ang problema? hope you could help me out.. there isn't much a good mechanic or a/c technician here in libya kya usually DIY dito kapag car owner ka.. thanks in advance...

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    You may want to observe your serpentine belt first.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jvdejesus05 View Post
    good day tsikoteers... just want to ask your expert opinions on my problem.. after getting my car from the workshop after an accident, i begin to hear rattle-like sound on my engine bay and it only happens when i turn on my a/c... it can also be heard only during my car is idling but when i start to press on the gas pedal, it will stop... also whenever i stop because of traffic or go slow, my a/c isn't cold anymore, it's more like a blower only, but when i start to drive again especially on long drives, the a/c doesn't seem to have a problem... san po kya ang problema? hope you could help me out.. there isn't much a good mechanic or a/c technician here in libya kya usually DIY dito kapag car owner ka.. thanks in advance...

a rattling noise usually indicates something mechanical and moving part is defective. it could be your idler/tensioner pulley. the intermittently inoperative system and varies with engine speed, it might have insufficient charge of refrigerant. please identify your spaceship with make, model, year, mileage and add the point of impact from the accident (one o'clock, two o'clock, ten o'clock or eleven o'clock impact and severity of impact. more description, details, information reduces the time and effort to get help. try not to leave those who you expect/request to help guessing.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    sorry if i left some details unsaid.. the accident was at front part of the car damaging the bumper, folding the hood a little (about 1/4 of the front hood), and the radiator (had to change it) but other than that nothing more except for the said rattling noise.. my car is a mazda 626 1999 european model...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jvdejesus05 View Post
    sorry if i left some details unsaid.. the accident was at front part of the car damaging the bumper, folding the hood a little (about 1/4 of the front hood), and the radiator (had to change it) but other than that nothing more except for the said rattling noise.. my car is a mazda 626 1999 european model...

point of impact at 12 o'clock say around 100 kilograms of force. engine/transmission orientation- east/west. check your radiator and condenser if they have been pushed back and check the radiator and condenser fan for interference with the fan shroud or radiator.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    thanks for the info.. i'll consider all your advices.. good thing i don't have work today.. i'll try to see all those details you said..