New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    guys, need help, bagong cleaning lang yung a/c with new compressor. after a few months nagkaleak last week, syempre pina-ayos ko naman. ngayon naman may grinding sound after i turn on the a/c that lasts 2-3 secs. one more thing, may sound lang kapag i use the car on a short or long distance, wala sya kapag cold start up, and it sounds like "kuurrrrrrruuuggggd" hehe. could it be the compressor kahit brand new?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Brand new compressor.... or brand new surplus?

Is the grinding sound coming from up front, or from inside the dash.

Try to isolate it... turn the compressor off (usually with a blue button on the AC panel... but if this is your Lynx, it's a green-lit button) and then toggle the fan switch. If it isn't your fan, I sure hope you still have the receipts... sounds like a busted compressor clutch or a busted compressor... neither of which should happen with a new unit.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    try mo din i-check yung idler bearing. baka kasi sumasayad sa bracket thus the grinding sound...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    try checking kung naka align ba yung fan belt mo sa bagong kabit na compressor ... kasi that can cause the weird sound ...

pinalagyan mo ba yung compressor mo ng comppressor oil ??? kasi usually new compressor doen't have too much oil inside kaya may grrrr... ing sound

lastly try mo buksan and car mo without the aircon and see kung may tunog ... kung wala naman aircon may problem baka nga idle bearing nga ang problem mo

banawe a/s
    regy

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    sir niky, nope its not a surplus, its a brand new one installed in my kia, yung sound definitely from the engine, pagkastart ko kasi (usually hot engine start) then press the a/c switch biglang tutunog. i also tried starting without pressing the a/c switch, ala naman, as soon as i press the switch, ayun, tutunog. nagtataka din ako kung bakit when i turn on the a/c for the 1st time of the day eh ala naman.

sir banawe, im not sure kung nilagyan nila ng additional compressor oil, all i remember nung pinacleaning ko is this electrical gadget that they connected to the system, mga 15-20 mins din yun pumping something, yung po ba yung compressor oil? after that freon na yung kinarga nila. btw the sound came out after having the leak fixed, yung leak naman is on the line connected to the condenser, possible ba na magleak din yung compressor oil?

thanks po pala sa replies

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    "15-20 mins din yun pumping something" is the vacuum pump removing air from the system ... and yes, some oil may leak when when there is a freon leak although most cases do not need refill of oil

the noise can come from different places so it needs proper troubleshooting ... hopefully it just a worn out idler bearing and not the new compressor with slippng clutch or worse, worn due to lack of oil

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I also had the same problem with my aircon, it has something to do with the bearing. Try spraying wd40 on the compressor. I tried it, and the noise stopped. Take note that this is just a quick fix, when its time to have your aircon refilled with freon have it checked. God speed.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    oh boy?! nung nagkaleak kasi halos maubos na yung freon ko eh. i found the receipt so its 6 months warranty pala, im on my 4th month so ibalik ko na lang to have them check it pati yung sinasabi nyo na idler bearing. sana nga idler bearing lang, iniisip ko pa lang na baka compressor eh nanlalambot na tuhod ko since it costs so much. thanks po sa lahat ng advice

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by recklus View Post
    oh boy?! nung nagkaleak kasi halos maubos na yung freon ko eh. i found the receipt so its 6 months warranty pala, im on my 4th month so ibalik ko na lang to have them check it pati yung sinasabi nyo na idler bearing. sana nga idler bearing lang, iniisip ko pa lang na baka compressor eh nanlalambot na tuhod ko since it costs so much. thanks po sa lahat ng advice
    good thing its six month warranty ... pag pinalitan ... try putting oil in the compressor and flushing uli ... kasi pag madumi yung fuel lines mo .... tendency is mababara yung compressor and baka ma void yung warranty mo

BANAWE AUTO SUPPLY
    regy

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by recklus View Post
    good thing its six month warranty ... pag pinalitan ... try putting oil in the compressor and flushing uli ... kasi pag madumi yung fuel lines mo .... tendency is mababara yung compressor and baka ma void yung warranty mo

GOOD LUCK

BANAWE AUTO SUPPLY
    regy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
grinding sound after a/c turns on