New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ano po usualy ginagamit na Freon/Oil ratio ng mga technician kung walang manual/info tungkol sa sasakyan.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    ano po usualy ginagamit na Freon/Oil ratio ng mga technician kung walang manual/info tungkol sa sasakyan.
    for what model year, make and if the system if oem or aftermarket

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    subic townace po, 1995, single converterd to dual.

1. both condensers are aftermarket,
    2. the original left is only the front evaporator.
    3. the front condenser is a bit huge compared to the original. about 14x22" inch
    4. rear condenser is about 7x14"

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    subic townace po, 1995, single converterd to dual.

1. both condensers are aftermarket,
    2. the original left is only the front evaporator.
    3. the front condenser is a bit huge compared to the original. about 14x22" inch
    4. rear condenser is about 7x14"

i would assume you have two evaporators too. your van is part frankenstein per se. unless somebody else has a better idea, i would start witj 5 ounces of PAG oil and as a reference for a YR22, refrigerant would be between 2.54 to 2.7 pounds and for a previa between 3.0 to 3.2 pounds of refrigerant. i don't know which one is closer. but you probably can base it on the pressure gauges at 27 psi on the suction side (R1234a) or 32 psi on the suction side (R12). it is very difficult to be precise if you just pick and choose evaporators and condensers. what you can do is try to be within the ballpark figure and adjust pressures accordingly. that is, with the system stabilized, run a huge fan in front of the condenser simulating ram air. i hope you can find the sweet spot for your aircon

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If I remember correctly, the system needs almost 2 kilos. Blast... I don't have gauges to play with. I wonder how those babies cost. Already got myself a tank, handful tools and a compresor from a refigerator.

5 ounces? wow that's a lot for me who gotten to used to see tabi-tabi technicians who just use two milk spoons.

Freon/Oil Ratio