New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Hello fellow Tsikoters! I have a 1st gen Kia Sportage. The aircon seems to be doing fine. Pero nung isang araw bigla nalang hindi lumalamig. Pina tingin ko sa shop. Sabi daw medyo matagal ayusin ang aircon ng sportage kasi mahirap abutin yung compressor, sa ilalim pa ng alternator naka lagay. Dahil nagmadali ako, sabi ko kargahan nalang muna nag freon at saka tingnan nalang kung may leak. We found out that there,s a leak somwhere, pero di naman sa under the hood. Total lumalamig naman ulit ung aircon, sabi ko babalik ko nalang pag nwalan na nang freon ulit at para mag karoon nang sapat na panahon para ayusin. Pero when I was driving, pansin ko na may kakaibang amoy sa loob nang sasakyan. Galing ba kaya sa leaking freob yung amoy? and if it is the case, saan ba most likely yung leak, sa evaporator ba?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    most likely, yes sa evaporator.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Magkano kaya mag pa ayos ng evaporator ng sportage?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Condotiere View Post
    Most of the A/C shops will ask you to shell out Php 350-400 for each leakage.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Most of the A/C shops will ask you to shell out Php 350-400 for each leakage.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Is it even worth having the leak repaired? If the leak was caused by corrosion from the inside, chances are the aluminum is already thin so another leak would probably pop-up (no pun intended) in the very near future. I'd get a replacement, if not OEM, evaporator to save you the headache.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Is it even worth having the leak repaired? If the leak was caused by corrosion from the inside, chances are the aluminum is already thin so another leak would probably pop-up (no pun intended) in the very near future. I'd get a replacement, if not OEM, evaporator to save you the headache.
    That's depends on the condition of evaporator. If you think it's still looks good, go on the repair (hinang) or you can bought a replacement but still ask the A/C guy to repair the old evaporator as your backup. That's what I did just last month.

Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    That's depends on the condition of evaporator. If you think it's still looks good, go on the repair (hinang) or you can bought a replacement but still ask the A/C guy to repair the old evaporator as your backup. That's what I did just last month.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Thanks for the reply! How much does an evaporator usually cost?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    That' usually depends on the type of car. OEM can cost around Php9-20k and the replacement around Php5-9k.
    Just drop by on the A/C shop first and have them look your problem.

That' usually depends on the type of car. OEM can cost around Php9-20k and the replacement around Php9-13k.
    Just drop by on the A/C shop first and have them look your problem.
    Last edited by Battlestar; August 25th, 2015 at 06:15 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlestar View Post
    It's a first gen Sportage, I wouldn't count on the old evap to last much longer after the first leak. Usually, they only repair those that incurred external damage, like something accidentally poked into it. But if the rust or corrosion came from inside, it will only take a short amount of time until another part of the core leaks. The evap core is considered dead at this point and must be replaced.
    Last edited by oj88; August 25th, 2015 at 06:00 PM.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Mahal pala! I thought its just about 5000k

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast