New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    So I've had the head gasket replaced. Observed after a month, and there's still oil in my radiator.
    I've been doing a lot of reading and I came accross an scenario that it could be from the transmission oil cooler.
    The radiator diagram shows an oil cooler hose, in the manual from http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Sentra/1...ntra_GA/lc.pdf, and I saw a metal tube from the transmission connected to a rubber hose to the radiator.

Could that be the cause?
    If it is, do I need to replace the radiator or just the hose?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

ATF coolers located in the bottom header tanks of the radiator are made of metal (in MB's). These are then connected to and from the transmission via pressure hoses.

Did you have the radiator cleaned (overhauled) previously? A similar scenario happened to a friend when he had his radiator overhauled. The shop was using a long thin rod to clear the radiator core (tuhog system). Unknowingly the guy perforated the tranny oil cooler tube underneath.

Buti nalang we were able to catch the problem before it resulted to a tranny overhaul.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    No, nothing done in the radiator.

So possibleng sa atf cooler nga? Anong solution para dun?
    Now I need to get this fixed immediately bago masira tranny.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    oh and clear ang engine oil when it was drained. wala din sign ng water contamination from ATF dipstick.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Elimination process nalang yan boss. First, try draining your tranny fluid, to see if its contaminated with coolant. If its not, you can have the radiator removed and cleaned (overhauled). Have the shop remove both top and bottom header tanks so that you can inspect the condition of the oil cooler tube. Easily weldable (sa MB). In your case, baka meron replacement part na binibenta.

When done, babad mo rin yung cooling system mo using degreaser soap and water mixture. Joy diluted in water is okay. Para malinis any left over oil contaminant. Use the car for 2-3 days, then drain. Fill with clean water, and drain again. Hanggang sa mawala yung soap bubbles. I would advise na tangalin mop muna ang thermostat while you're performing this procedure. Saka mo na ikabit ulit kung malinis na lahat.

OR

Baka naman kailangan mo lang talaga linisin ang cooling system mo?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    dine-drain yung yung radiator for the past month to observe kung magkaka oil ulit. as often as every 2-4 days between draining.

I'll have the radiator checked. salamas boss!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    You can drain it everyday, pero kung wala ka degreaser para malusaw ang oil contaminant sa loob, meron at meron pa rin maiiwan nyan.

Try mo muna haluan ng Joy. Isang sachet ng Joy lagay sa isang pail ng tubig, then karga mo.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    check your water pump, it might be corroded and pushing coolant through the timing chain cover

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123