New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Good Day to all!

I drive a FD civic 07 1.8V.

Recently, I've been experiencing bad rattle noise coming from behind the glove box compartment whenever I turn the a/c on and adjust the fan speed control higher.

When I had it checked during my 20k change-oil and check up, it was considered "unusual" sound coming from the a/c blower and was classified as "class B", it meant that the car can be used and the problem won't affect any performance whatsoever.

But it kept on getting noisier and noisier as days go by, when I had it return for a service they said it would take at least 2 weeks, when I asked it if it's under warranty, they said it's not covered so I had to burn my wallet for repair.

Any comment on this? Is it only me or is it a common defect among fd civic drivers.

need your help! and how much is the repair on this

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Why is it not covered????

Warranty does not cover misuse/abuse and/or use of consumables like oil and petrol but the AC is definitely not under these.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I was reading my warranty booklet and it clearly states that unless it was misused then the owner (w/c is me) is not liable from paying the repair. My dealer is Honda Alabang. sheesh!

I tried cool reasoning with the warranty advisor but all he said that it needs replacement when I called last week and he said that unless I had it fixed it might affect the warranty on the whole a/c unit connected.

I don't know either sir/ma'am that's why i'm asking opinions and suggestions.

Such a pain in the butt!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Definitely a warranty issue. I guess that the blower mounts are loose, or that the blower blades have a flaw causing it to be unbalanced. An unbalanced blade would make the whole assembly vibrate and eventually cause the blade or mounts more damage until it finally disintegrates.

I would try other dealers if Honda Alabang keeps up with their refusal to service it for free.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I work in calamba, so is it possible to have it serviced in the honda dealership in sta. rosa even if it's not part of the honda cars makati group?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeper_17 View Post
    I work in calamba, so is it possible to have it serviced in the honda dealership in sta. rosa even if it's not part of the honda cars makati group?
    Absolutely. Honda warranty is served no matter which casa you bought it from.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Ok thanks sir!

I'll update this thread as soon as I have my car's a/c repaired.
    Last edited by sweeper_17; May 4th, 2009 at 06:11 PM. Reason: update

FD Civic a/c rattle! Help!