New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    My Starex airconditioning system went kaput.

Compressor shaft seal(?) is the culprit according to the technician.

According to the store proprietor, there is now a proliferation of "fake freon" that would exactly result to this type of malfunction.

Is this true?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Fake freon? or the wrong type of freon was used?

Example, if your AC unit requires R113, the mechanic used (cheaper) R11 instead.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Fake freon? or the wrong type of freon was used?

Example, if your AC unit requires R113, the mechanic used (cheaper) R11 instead.

I think it is the latter sir gh.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    yung mga china made yata.. compressor shaft seal naman ang problem eh baka talagang pasira na yung part

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    ^^ yung nga yung sinasabi nilang fake china made pero hindi naman maging cause para ma damage yung shaft seal

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    mas matibay pa raw ung mga surplus na compressor specially denso galing japan

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    ang sumisira sa shaft seal ay sa tagal narin ng paggamit sa sasakyan normally mga 5years lifespan. shaft seal can hold pressure up to 250PSI, normal freon natin na pang auto r-12 and r-134a ay 100-120psi lang.

fake freon, maraming brand ng freon malimit sa kanila china namely SOLFRON, DAIKIN, KLEA, GENETRON marami pang ibang brand, sa planta ng sasakyan ganyan din nakikita kong gamit nila, hindi naman porke china pangit na..

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    So what is the "best" brand of freon?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    So what is the "best" brand of freon?

I'm not famliar with freon brand. Ang importante tama ang refrigerant e.g. R134.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    I'm not famliar with freon brand. Ang importante tama ang refrigerant e.g. R134.
    Given na yan, pre.

What I was pointing is the presence of some "impurities" or whatever in some vendors of freon that may have detrimental effect on the compressor particularly the shaft seal. As you all know, such defects (i.e leaking shaft seal) warrants a replacement of the entire compressor which is high ticket item.

The technician i asked asserted that rebuilding the shaft seal won't last long and results in recurring problems.

Now, I'm asking if there are sellers of "substandard" freonand if this could lead particularly to this problem (the shaft seal defect).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Fake Freon