New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    My revo's dual a/c malfucntioned. The blower doesn't work in the low and medium and only functions in the high setting. A friend mentioned that probably(?) the blower resistor had broke down. Anyone can give a second opinion? I'ved checked the detachable panels on both sides but i can't seem to locate the said part.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Depende kasi sa motor mo....old motors na wired up with a single wound kung tawagin will need resitors to lower the power intake nito so babagal ang ikot ng motor. Kung walang resistor (ang itsura nito usually ay wire na naka-coil lang at nakamount sa isang white ceramic spacer) baka ang motor ay multi-wound (parang electric fan so ang low speeds will have its own power line) so hindi mo makita ang resistor.

Kung DIYer, start from the panel ng switch. Get a continuity or multi tester and itest mo muna ang switch kung hindi sira. Then trace the wires upto the blower motor baka meron putol. Until ma-isolate mo kung motor nga problem. If kaya mong i-dismantle ang blower fan nito and find that it have more than 2 wires protruding from the motor, yan yung motor na walang need for a resistor. Test all these wires (one should be the ground) kung ok ang continuity and if the motor starts when power is applied. That is a 12v motor so you can tap it directly sa battery to power it up.

HTH

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nagkaganyan din akong problema sa 300D. Nawala yung #1 ng blower. Na-quick fix naman nina Mang Mario. Since walang parts na pinalitan, 'pang-yosi' lang binigay ko.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Thanks wildthing for the advice. I was also thinking of Mang Mario's pero malayo kasi. Does anybody know of a good/reputable a/c shop here in paranaque?

dual A/C blower malfunction