New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    dudes,

nais ko lang i-confirm yung connection ng 2 condensers sa dual aircon. Tama po ba na naka-series yung 2 condensers at parallel
    yung 2 evaporator sa dulo(diagram sa ibaba---illustration#1)?
    Or, puwede bang series muna yung tig-isang condenser at evaporator, tapos i-parallel (see illustration#2)? Sana matulungan nyo ako bago i-fix ung dual aircon ng L3 ko.

Illustration#1:
    |------------------|
    --------| compresssor |_____________________
    | |------------------| |
    ______|______ |
    | Condenser1 | |
    |___________ | |
    | |
    ______|______ ________________ |
    | Condenser2 | |------| Evaporator(front) |---+ |
    |___________ | | |_______________| | |
    | | | |
    |____________| |__|
    | |
    | ------------------------- |
    |____| Evaporator(rear) |-----|
    |______________ |

Illustration#2:

|------------------|
    ---------------------------| compresssor |---------------
    | | |------------------| |
    ______|_____ _____|_____ |
    | Condenser1 | |Condenser2| |
    |__________ | |__________| |
    | | |
    ______|_________ | |
    | Evaporator(front) | | |
    |_______________| | |
    | | |
    | ------------------------- |
    | | Evaporator(rear) |------------------------|
    | |______________ | |
    |____________________________________ _|

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm...medyo nalito ako sa illustration. sa gen1 pajero ko may naka Y connector sa compressor. I have two condenser one infront of the radiator the other above the skid plate. I think naka series yun two condenser.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Malamang naka-series yung condensers dahil nililiquify yung refrigerant after compression and evaporation. Walang problemang naka-series dito dahil low pressure na sa condenser section.

From the series condensers, papunta na yung condensed refrigerant sa compressor. After compression (high side), patungo na yung refrigerant sa evaporators connected in parallel - dahil dapat parehong high pressure yung refrigerant patungo sa dalawang expansion valve-evaporator assembly.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    medyo nalito din ako dun ah hehehe!

it does not matter if the condensers are in series or parallel, they will be at the same pressure naman kahit naka-parallel yan eh. if in series naman, once the refrigerant condenses then kahit na malayo pa tatakbuhin nya sa loob ng condenser ok lang yan. for me i prefer parallel since maximized ang heat exchanger area at a lower refrigerant flow rate/unit area of condenser. beter yan than series.

sa evaporator dapat naka-parallel yan, di pwede series.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    buhayin ko lang ang thread na to ha.

do Dual Condensers need two Receiver Dryer and Expansion Valves seperately?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    buhayin ko lang ang thread na to ha.

do Dual Condensers need two Receiver Dryer and Expansion Valves seperately?
    on dual condenser ac systems ,you don't need to install these extra parts .

check 1998 dodge grand caravan 3.8L , everything's the same w/ dual condensers.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    siamese systems may or may not have two receiver dryers, they share the same compressor and yet have two separate evaporators. some have two condensers running in parallel each branch leading to one system or two evaporators sharing the same compressor and the same condenser. the front climate control is the main that turns on upon A/C request. the rear unit does not operate on its own and is a piggyback to the front unit. the rear unit is engaged or disengaged by a relay that contols the solenoid shut off valve and the evaporator fan unit. the condensers logically, have to be connected in parallel

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    does this apply on dual with single dryer and expansion valve?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    does this apply on dual with single dryer and expansion valve?

yes! but you have to install a solenoid valve on the secondary or auxilliary system and you use accumulator dryer for orifice systems

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    alright thanks

I have checked our ride. the 2nd aircon was add-on, not a factory installed one.

I think it works something like this: (if my pipe route readings are correct)

should this be just right? it doesn't have temp controls on the rear but my concern is, it is not as cold as it used to be, despite no leaks and freon seems enough.

it was cold back then, but this one part that always blows, I forgot what it was, it was years back. the aircon guy just condemn it, and since then it was not cold enough to satisfy on summers.

any ideas what on aircon part that blows aside from fuses? might give some clues.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Dual Aircon Connections of Condensers, tanong lang po..