New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    a thread i found at hcp from emong3:

Summer na naman at mukhang painit ng painit ang summer sa Manila... Every year mas mainit keysa previous.

Here's a simple project you can do to your Aircon to make it a little more efficient.

Materials needed:
    1. Spray bottle (yung pang wisik ng tubig sa mga barbero)
    2. Windshield washer hose
    3. Zip Ties
    4. Epoxy steel

Procedure:
    1. Cut the nozzle of the spray bottle using a hack saw. ghetto rig the hose so it will connect to the nozzle. use epoxy para matibay.
    2. Position the Nozzle on front of the Condenser and secure it using zip ties.
    3. Un plug the windshield washer hose from the pump, and connect the hose from the nozzle.

Principle behind this:
    During hot weather, the ambient temperature is so high, the heat transfer in the condenser becomes less efficient. Spraying a mist on the condenser improves the transfer of heat from the condenser to the air. Heat is required to evaporate the water thus heat transfer is improved.
    Di naman nag uuulan pag summer kaya bihira lang gamitin ang windshield washer. During hot days and you are stuck in traffic spray a mist of water on the condenser para lumamig siya and you will notice lalamig din ang aircon mo at mas maganda ang idling ng kotse...

HTH

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    from necatur of hcp:

post ko lang po yung ginawa ko sa Esi ko, in honor of Papa Emong, the great DIY master <---- idol ko to....

materials needed (my version) old windshield mist washer nozzle + barena + washer tube

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    continuation of necatur's post:

process medyo malaki yung base nung old washer ko kaya binakli ko

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Maganda sana kung atomized yung spray para kalat yung buga kaysa sa standard windshield washer nozzles na stream of water yung buga niya.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    yep. yung "wide" spray sana like the ones sa picture.

have tried doing it yesterday. used the wide spray. kaya lang ang problem ko masyado atang malapit kung sa bumper ng car iinstall. the nozzle does not have enough distance from the condenser to spread/disperse effectively.

btw, sa mga gustong gumawa nito, you can save a lot by buying the hose from the petshop. meron din silang "splitter" for these hoses.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    gusto ko yan! basta diy panalo yan!!!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I just stop by a gas station and pour some water through the grille/bumper instead hehe. But luckily, my A/C doesn't need extra cooling.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    I just stop by a gas station and pour some water through the grille/bumper instead hehe. But luckily, my A/C doesn't need extra cooling.
    Hehe... as they say with the nissans before. Sira na lahat pero yung aircon ga-yelo pa din. :P

There is an actual system used for turbo intercoolers actually. As for me, i make it a practice to clean the condenser once in while as the dust build-up does affect the a/c cooling.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    [QUOTE=vinj;803949]Hehe... as they say with the nissans before. Sira na lahat pero yung aircon ga-yelo pa din. :P

There is an actual system used for turbo intercoolers actually. As for me, i make it a practice to clean the condenser once in while as the dust build-up does affect the a/c cooling.[/QUOTE]

I think this is a better idea. Blasting your condenser with pressurized water once in a while will surely remove the dust and dirt build up. You can in fact do this when you bring your car for a car wash.

A more better and cheaper idea is to buy 2 blocks of ice tie them up at the top of your condenser. That way the heat of the engine will continuously melt the ice and will then cool the condenser.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Sometimes even cleaned condenser isn't enough to make the temp inside the car comfortable, esp during summer. I have this exp when I park my car under direct sunlight and left, my a/c can't blow cold air even i'm already doin 80kmh++. i have to stop in a nearby gas station and poured water on the condenser.

ok yan DiY na yan! garantisado anytime of the day malamig a/c nyo!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Diy Pampa Lakas Ng Aircon!, Beat the summer heat...