New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    ^sa Focus S baliktad. When the ac is off, malapit sa 1/2 ang temp gauge ko. Pero when it is on, nasa gitna ng 1/4 at 1/2.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    That's because the auxillary fan is switched on for the condenser. The added airflow gives your radiator more heat rejection.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Zac_español View Post
    Hello mga katsikot! I have a newbie question, hope someone can enlighten me.

Some reasons to save gas, is to have our aircon off, plus our car kicks more if the aircon is not on. But this put me to wonder if there will come a time that this may cause my car to overheat at some point due to high temp. Is my theory correct? or my radiator still produce "cool" water that circulates through out the whole car.

TIA!!
    The radiator in theory can only cool until ambient temperature. But in cars, the optimal temperature range is anything from 85C-96C depending on the design and set fuel ratio.

So effectively when calculating for engines, radiators are designed to have something like a temperature delta of 50C from ambient. Meaning, if ambient is 35C, the radiator must keep the engine at about 85-90C.

So to add on to answering your question, if your engine runs any cooler, there will be a significant drop in efficiency due to lowered combustion rates. And even then your AC will not be any cooler than ambient nor will it be able to remove humidity.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Mga Bossing sa Tsikot.com. Bago lang po ako dito. Meron po sana ako katanunga. Hindi ko po nabasa ang lahat ng Thread. So baka meron na pong kasagutan sa tanong ko. Meron po ako 2006 Nissan Urvan escapade. Ok naman po ang lahat except sa Overheating issue nya. Pag po running yung van ok naman po ang temp even naka on ang A/C. Pero po pag na traffic thats the time mag increase yung temp up to the point na papataying mo na ang a/c para hindi na tumaas. Kala ko Radiator proble kaya pinaoverhaul ko na pero the problem still pag traffic. Ano po kaya problema at magandang solution? I hope makatulungan nyo ako. Maraming ty po.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    ^check your rad fan. Baka faulty fan motor na yan, or faulty thermoswitch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12