New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Mga sirs, ma'ams; papa, at mama:

Maligayang pasko po sa inyong lahat!

Every time I cruise SLEX at 100kph, or accelerating to my cruising speed, I always hear the compressor whistling. I thought I had my windows are ajar, but they aren't.

I concluded that it was the compressor when I heard the sound then switched the a/c off. The whistling was gone, then when I turned it back on and it whistled again.

The whistling is intermittent it only happens when the engine speed is around 2,500-3,000rpm. My hunch is it happens when the compressor kicks in at the engine speeds I mentioned.

Also, when in low speed I noticed that the compressor is a bit noisier than my engine, and it robs engine power as well. In tagalog, parang ang bigat nung loko.

When parked, I noticed that the compressor makes a sound. I'm not sure how to type or describe the sound it's like a wooden gun when I was kid where it rattles. I'll just post a video when I get the chance.

Another thing, it's not cold when the sun is at its highest point unlike in night time where it's very very very cold.

I hope you could help me sirs, ma'ams.

Thank you.

The car is Nissan Super Saloon Series 3 GA16DNE

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Got the same problem here on a Mazda: up on this query

I think mine just needs cleaning and re-oiling of the comp.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kurby View Post
    Mga sirs, ma'ams; papa, at mama:

Maligayang pasko po sa inyong lahat!

Every time I cruise SLEX at 100kph, or accelerating to my cruising speed, I always hear the compressor whistling. I thought I had my windows are ajar, but they aren't.

I concluded that it was the compressor when I heard the sound then switched the a/c off. The whistling was gone, then when I turned it back on and it whistled again.

The whistling is intermittent it only happens when the engine speed is around 2,500-3,000rpm. My hunch is it happens when the compressor kicks in at the engine speeds I mentioned.

Also, when in low speed I noticed that the compressor is a bit noisier than my engine, and it robs engine power as well. In tagalog, parang ang bigat nung loko.

When parked, I noticed that the compressor makes a sound. I'm not sure how to type or describe the sound it's like a wooden gun when I was kid where it rattles. I'll just post a video when I get the chance.

Another thing, it's not cold when the sun is at its highest point unlike in night time where it's very very very cold.

I hope you could help me sirs, ma'ams.

Thank you.

The car is Nissan Super Saloon Series 3 GA16DNE
    ipacheck ho nyo ang mga sumusunod..compressor para sa ingay,ganyan ang problema sa mga nissan..para naman sa loob ay expansion valve o di kaya kulang ang freon kaya merong hissing sound sa loob ng club compartment..at sa alang lamig sa tanghali ay check ung aux fan at expansion valve at leak...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by isa1023 View Post
    Got the same problem here on a Mazda: up on this query

I think mine just needs cleaning and re-oiling of the comp.
    at sa iyo naman ay tama.minsan nawawala ang ingay,minsan naman ay nadun parin..wag mo papalagyan ng so0bra sa langis yan..baka naman masobrahan ng langis..mas sakit at gastos yan pagnagkataon..

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gorionikoy View Post
    ipacheck ho nyo ang mga sumusunod..compressor para sa ingay,ganyan ang problema sa mga nissan..para naman sa loob ay expansion valve o di kaya kulang ang freon kaya merong hissing sound sa loob ng club compartment..at sa alang lamig sa tanghali ay check ung aux fan at expansion valve at leak...
    okay will have to check that.

Also, nakakaapekto ba yung replacement na evaporator sa lamig? ang ipinalit kasi ay yung "serpentine" type na evaporator.

At, nagsimula kasing sumipol yung compressor magmula nung nagpalit ng magnetic coil.

salamat!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Also, nakakaapekto ba yung replacement na evaporator sa lamig? ang ipinalit kasi ay yung "serpentine" type na evaporator.
    Negligible siguro ang difference pagdating sa lamig, as long as nasa tiptop condition ang ibang components ng aircon system.

At, nagsimula kasing sumipol yung compressor magmula nung nagpalit ng magnetic coil.
    Ibalik mo muna kung saan mo pinagawa at i-backjob muna nila. Baka hindi maganda yung pagkakakabit sa magnetic clutch.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    + 1 on the magnetic clutch, o di kaya bearing din ng compressor?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kurby View Post
    okay will have to check that.

salamat!
    malaki ang epekto nyan..sa coil...mapagkukumpara mo pag nakaminor ka tirik ang araw..sa sumisipol ay pacheck mo..maari kasing nasobrahan ang langis sa pagbaklas ng clutch coil..yung sumisipol ba ang sa ilalim ng clove compartment...expansion valve yun..alalay lang..

Compressor Question; whistling, noisy, and heavy.