New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    The a/c mechanic where I took my car said sira na ang bearing ng compressor. It it true that I have to replace the whole compressor na? Or can it still be repaired. I am based in Paranaque. Suggestions on nearby shops would be great. Limited budget kasi. I can't afford a new compressor.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    double post

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    it depends, there are some types of compressors which can be repaired/removed its bearing using a puller. some, the clutch pulley itself but definitely not the whole compressor in that case...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    pa check mo kaya sa Win-Cool sa Pamploan Las Pinas, malapit sa LTO. Katabi siya ng Flex-Win na gumagawa ng mga hydraulic hose

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    try mo dalin kay mang mario sa qc.hanapin mo si norman.ganyan din naging sira nung auto ko dati, si norman gumawa.HTH

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by giansweet View Post
    The a/c mechanic where I took my car said sira na ang bearing ng compressor. It it true that I have to replace the whole compressor na? Or can it still be repaired. I am based in Paranaque. Suggestions on nearby shops would be great. Limited budget kasi. I can't afford a new compressor.

Thanks!
    it will depend on what kind of bearing does the mechanic was referring to. head pulley bearing of a/c compressor is replaceable. component bearing inside the compressor... disposable..

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Nagkailang repair na din ako sa compressor bearing ko dati. Then finally umusok na, busted na talaga.

When I summed up the expenses, nakabili na sana ako ng surplus denso radiator. But then again, its surplus. You can't be so sure either way.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Repairing compressors is hit-and-miss... often miss. Many shops now refuse to repair them because of the headache of back-job complaints.

It's often better just to replace the whole thing.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Compressor bearing