New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Hi Guys, Im quite new here yet I have tons of problems regardinig my ride.
    First problem is my aircon compressor. I just want to know if the aircon compressor of SR20 engine compatible with the aircon compressor of nissan cefiro 97 model? I replaced the compressor of my nissan cefiro with the above mentioned compressor(with a little alteration on the high and low pressure tubes) and im not quite sure if the engine can take the load of the new compressor or if it will interfere with the computerbox. I also here (makinilya) noises as I speed up or accelerate does the compressor has anything to do with the tyope sound of my engine?

Pls advise thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne28 View Post
    I also here (makinilya) noises as I speed up or accelerate does the compressor has anything to do with the tyope sound of my engine?

Pls advise thanks.
    Not sure about your compressor but the engine sound might be a problem with your gasoline quality or air-fuel ratio. Are there any modifications done to the engine aside from the compressor?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Havent tried using a high octane rating gasoline since I bought the car 3weeks ago. How about the fuel air mixture? how to check on that?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne28 View Post
    Havent tried using a high octane rating gasoline since I bought the car 3weeks ago. How about the fuel air mixture? how to check on that?
    You'll need to find a tuner shop who has an air-fuel meter. Speedlab has one.

Another possibility is your ignition timing is not correctly set (maybe too much advanced).

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Doesn't the Cefiro require 95 Octane? I remember that quite a few Nissans from that time did.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes the Cefiro requires 95, if you want to make sure teh AF is right, just bring it to your nearest casa for a tune-up and it's included with the service (they'll be using the CONSULT II tool).

As for the compressor, not really sure as the Cefiro uses a computer-based AC system, right?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I will be goin to speedlab tomorrow for tune up and check-up. I will update you guys after tomorrow

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Check the following:
    - timing (although it should be set already as the timing of the Cefiro is done through the computer)
    - fuel; The cefiro requires 95 octane. Petron XCS is okay.
    - knock sensor

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Knock sensor? where will i find the knock sensor? Thanks

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    the sound from the engine is knock. you have to use blaze or velocity on the cefiro.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Cefiro Compressor compatible with SR20 compressor?