New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Mga People,

Is it an urban myth that using oil based car fresheners (like myshaldan and the like) will eventually damage your aircon?I have several friends who have advised me not to buy these types of car fresheners coz the oil particles will eventually ind itself inside the aircon's internals thus damaging it in the long run.

Hope someone could confirm or debunk this myth.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazingerZ View Post
    Mga People,

Is it an urban myth that using oil based car fresheners (like myshaldan and the like) will eventually damage your aircon?I have several friends who have advised me not to buy these types of car fresheners coz the oil particles will eventually ind itself inside the aircon's internals thus damaging it in the long run.

Hope someone could confirm or debunk this myth.
    i've heard of that too bro... but i really cannot confirm this because i hate the smell of myshaldan and other car fresheners. in fact, i even hate the smell of car fresheners...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    it's proven. numerous shaldan / wax based freshners user in the past can attest to this... wax particles can clogged /accumulated the a/c evaporator that can diminish the a/c's cooling power.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Myshaldan Strawberry scented fresheners remind me of someone in the past kasi. :naughty2:

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ^^^ Yup, no question about the scent of these shaldans ambango talaga! but the problem is it’s material, wax is so sticky that when it zips into the evaporator, tiny dusts that could easily pass through this will definitely drawn in and trapped for good.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mazingerZ View Post
    Myshaldan Strawberry scented fresheners remind me of someone in the past kasi. :naughty2:
    naks! ikaw ha! baka mamaya sinisingot mo na yung Strawberry scented na Myshaldan! hehehehe.

aite, peace.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if these are really true, how come manufacturers are keeping mum on this?
    *maz: ano na naman yang naaalala mo ha?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    ano po ba yung oil based car fresheners? yun pong matigas yung sa loob? tapos nauubos pag naluluma na?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Yep. Myshaldan is a prime example of this. SM Bonus also

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    1d4lv: malamig ang gabi, umuulan, kami lang dalawa sa loob ng Toyota DX4 ko dati. . . . and the rest is as they say history

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Car Aircons and oil based car fresheners