New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    Naka-jackpot ako today ... may tumalsik na bato sa radiator ko ... ayun butas. The radiator shop used a Pioneer epoxy (classic pink!) to patch the hole (mga .5 x 1mm lang naman). Will do na ba 'to, or do I have to replace the whole thing ... mukhang mahal eh ...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Matitipak din yan katagalan, classic epoxy's don't stand good against heat.

Ang pinaka mahusay na pang patch ng small gaps or holes ay hinang pa rin.

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    kaso aluminum yung radiator, bro. you know anyshop who welds aluminum radiators?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you should have used metal expoxy... designed for high temperature.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oo either metal o marine epoxy. akin ginamit ko metal and so far (mga 3 months na) wala padin tulo hehe... Use the tubes (2 tubes, manual ihahalo) and not the clay.

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    should have, would have ... the shop I ran into with my cooling system bleeding to death didnt have any of those, except for the ALL PURPOSE* poineer epoxy.

*written on the package: can bond anything permanently in the universe except on aluminum where there is contact with water and coolant.

Since I cant remove the epoxy, and will just wait for it to bleed again ... how much is a new radiator?

Btw, thanks for the tip on not using the clay type. Was planning to do that if I get hit again.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pag may ganyang small leaks, tanggalin mo yung radiator cap, it will take off the pressure inside and prolong your water to your next stop.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Careful lang if its hot, it might burst. Release the pressure before fully opening. I guess you are aware of it already, I am just making sure.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    radiators aren't expensive na nowadays especially with locally produced brand new units... it may be cheaper in the long run and di ka pa magiisip kung may masisira or not.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    radiators aren't expensive na nowadays especially with locally produced brand new units... it may be cheaper in the long run and di ka pa magiisip kung may masisira or not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
butas sa radiator