New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Hi Folks,

Just wondering what happened to my Sentra's Air-Con. I noticed that when I started my car there's a loud squeaking sound when the air-con was turned on, when I switched it off it disappeared. So what I did was to just turn it on and just stated driving. while driving the sound disappeared for a good 10 seconds then it came back. During that time I noticed that there was a white smoke on the right hand side of my hood (near the side where the freon tank is located) I guess that was not smoke but the freon itself. then I noticed that the sound dissapeared and my air-con tured into just a regular blower. Can someone help me identify what was the problem, I dont want to just rely to mechanics because I know that they will just replace everything for the sake of getting money from you. Also any trusted mechanic near malabon/monumento area? My car is an old 96 Nissan Sentra Series 2 Lec 1.3

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    malapit pa rin naman sayo banawe o retiro, dalhin mo nalang kay TEMYONG. RETIRO cor PAO ST.
    pagtanung-tanung mo siya sa area ng banawe-retiro kilala na siya diyan.
    may tawad pa. mind you hindi freelancer yan. may shop yan.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumz View Post
    Hi Folks,

Just wondering what happened to my Sentra's Air-Con. I noticed that when I started my car there's a loud squeaking sound when the air-con was turned on, when I switched it off it disappeared. So what I did was to just turn it on and just stated driving. while driving the sound disappeared for a good 10 seconds then it came back. During that time I noticed that there was a white smoke on the right hand side of my hood (near the side where the freon tank is located) I guess that was not smoke but the freon itself. then I noticed that the sound dissapeared and my air-con tured into just a regular blower. Can someone help me identify what was the problem, I dont want to just rely to mechanics because I know that they will just replace everything for the sake of getting money from you. Also any trusted mechanic near malabon/monumento area? My car is an old 96 Nissan Sentra Series 2 Lec 1.3

Thanks in advance for the help.

The squeaking sound could have been the rubber belt that was having a hard time turning, resulting in it sliding over the pulleys more than turning it.

The sudden white smoke is freon being quickly released. Something gave way to leak all that freon. It might be a valve, or (worst) the aircon compressor itself failed (or could be something else). If the part that failed is the "metal bottle", that is the freon filter.

At any rate, best to bring it to an aircon repair shop.