New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    To the aircon experts:

Are compressors interchangable for cars-- considering the fittings can be converted? I heard iba iba din yon such as mas maganda pag madaming PISTONS etc....

are there specifications such as pressure or whatever for the car's engine compatibility? Or generic lang lahat yan. SO that when you swap a compressor from another car, pareho din?

Like for my car. Kinabit pang PAJERO na compressor. But I feel, di na ganong kalamig as before. I think iba ang specifications and hindi talaga designed for my car's engine and ngayon, nag overheat na pag naka on ang aircon.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Bro,

Stick to OEM bolt ons. Never convert. Sanden is a good brand sana meron unit na sapol sa mazda mo.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by edl100
    To the aircon experts:

Are compressors interchangable for cars-- considering the fittings can be converted? I heard iba iba din yon such as mas maganda pag madaming PISTONS etc....

are there specifications such as pressure or whatever for the car's engine compatibility? Or generic lang lahat yan. SO that when you swap a compressor from another car, pareho din?

Like for my car. Kinabit pang PAJERO na compressor. But I feel, di na ganong kalamig as before. I think iba ang specifications and hindi talaga designed for my car's engine and ngayon, nag overheat na pag naka on ang aircon.
    I don't know, but OEM Mercedes Benz compressors are so expensive, we just slap on Sandens. Only the necessary fittings and brackets are changed. They work well enough considering the variety of systems they are fitted onto. The W123 has an aftermarket a/c, the W124 has the EUDM manual system, the W126 has the USDM automatic climate control.

Not sure about specific pressure settings. A/c' generally work between not less than 40 and not more than 200. Sorry for the vague description. Not an a/c tech here.

Btw, I'm running a higher capacity DENSO compressor on my system now. Not exactly a conversion. Just picked up a later model compressor. The mounting bolts are aligned. Only had to do minor mods on the pulley. I'm not expecting it to cool like when the car was brand new (considering the other components have aged also) but I'm surprised as to how well it works.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle View Post
    My aircon compressor needs replacement (mazda 323 sedan) , what brand do you recommend? I passby at banawe a week ago they recommend 4 brands:
    1. panasonic p14,000.00
    2. denso p 9,000.00
    3. sanden 507 p 8,000.00
    4. sanden 507 p 6,000.00
    buhayin ko lang uli tong thread na to, sir eagle nakabili na po ba kayo ng compressor? san po store sa banawe kayo nakapagtanong ng sanden 507 yung 6,000 ang presyo? palitin na rin kasi compressor ko

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for information.
    denso repairs aircon compressors using brand new parts. so you don't have to worry about compatibility or something.
    its cheaper than buying brand new ones and more safe than buying surplus ones.

based on the brochure that i have, they are:

a. quality guaranteed;
    b. original and brand new shaft seals and gaskets are used
    c. out of spec parts are replaced with brand new parts.

just visit their branches to inquire. afaik, they have branches in Makati, Alabang, Caloocan, E Rodriguez QC, Pasig, Paranaque, Binan and Quezon Avenue.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by box_type View Post
    buhayin ko lang uli tong thread na to, sir eagle nakabili na po ba kayo ng compressor? san po store sa banawe kayo nakapagtanong ng sanden 507 yung 6,000 ang presyo? palitin na rin kasi compressor ko
    sir whats your ride?

whats wrong with your ac?

ano po ba stock ac system mo?

denso or sanden?

just wanna help here.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle View Post
    My aircon compressor needs replacement (mazda 323 sedan) , what brand do you recommend? I passby at banawe a week ago they recommend 4 brands:
    1. panasonic p14,000.00
    2. denso p 9,000.00
    3. sanden 507 p 8,000.00
    4. sanden 507 p 6,000.00
    1. panasonic pang MAZDA 323 Familia 13K
    2. Unicla compressor pang MAZDA 323 Sedan and ASTINA 10K
    3. Denso na pang Hi-Ace and pajero 11K
    4. Sanden 507 China 4K
    5. Sanden 508 134a Singapore(Orig) 7K
    6. Sanden 508 134a China(imitation) 4K
    7. Sanden TRS compressor pang corrola, lancer na luma, Civic, 12K
    8. HCC compressor na pang Starex and pang Elantra 11K

Ganyan ang price dito sa area namin sa laguna.... mabuhay...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Sort of an info lang,
    Going bigger compressor it will equate more load on your engine, the compressor take its power from the engine.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Magandang Araw po, may idea po kayo kung magkano ang compressor para sa Nissan Sentra '99 FE? Maraming salamat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
brand of aircon compressor