New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    greetings...

need help, suggestions.

im planning to acquire aircon tools/equipment for my cars' A/C maintenance. can you please advise me as to the basic or must have pieces i needed to buy and, if possible, the brand or specs you would recommend. (i.e. vacuum pump, manifold, freon canister)

Likewise, can you pls direct me to specific store or shop in manila where i can purchase it. TIA...

regards

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    i suggest not to buy since A/C maintenance is not that frequent as compared to basic mechanical engine, suspension servicing...better to leave it to your AC mechanic.

what you can do to maintain your AC is to regularly use it so that lubrication can reach important areas inside the system...compressor, 0-rings, etc. plus cleaning the outside of the condenser and making sure the evap drain is not clogged...just my 2 cents my friend.

but then again, unless you plan to put an AC R&M shop someday.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    +1, kay miked. Hindi madali i-repair A/C at pwede ka mabuhay kahit wala muna. Mas mahalaga yung nakakatakbo pa muna at puwede dalhin sa shop.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    thanks for the suggestions mates... but a/c tools particularly for freon charging are the only ones i dont have... i do have complete set of pneumatic tools, chain block, hydro press and torque wrenches, and special tools like ball joint separator/remover, P/S repair, stud remover/extractor, bearing/seal race, tap and die, pullers of diff sizes and others... recently, i acquired engine and A/T testers, timing light and ecu scanner and other mechanic's stuffs.

actually, I am the one doing engine, underchassis and other mechanical maintenance of our cars, including the cleaning of aircon system (evap, condenser etc...) since i already have almost all of the tools needed for a small car shop, i find it practical to invest as well with a/c tools as we simply send our units to a/c shop for charging 3 times a year (that is for annual A/C cleaning and maintenance of our 3 cars alone).....

its true and i agree that a/c maintenance is not an easy task. however, with my little knowledge in a/c repair as well as my technical background in electronics and electrical and, more importantly, the advice and help from you guys , i dont think it would be impossible to do...

cheers and regards,

phezthie

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by phezthie View Post
    chain block, hydro press and torque wrenches, and special tools like ball joint separator/remover, P/S repair, stud remover/extractor, bearing/seal race, tap and die, pullers of diff sizes and others....
    got any extra ball joint separator in stock? i don't know why i'm interested.

Tools-hunting uli ako sa angeles area ngayong summer pagdating ng budget.

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by phezthie View Post
    thanks for the suggestions mates... but a/c tools particularly for freon charging are the only ones i dont have... i do have complete set of pneumatic tools, chain block, hydro press and torque wrenches, and special tools like ball joint separator/remover, P/S repair, stud remover/extractor, bearing/seal race, tap and die, pullers of diff sizes and others... recently, i acquired engine and A/T testers, timing light and ecu scanner and other mechanic's stuffs.

actually, I am the one doing engine, underchassis and other mechanical maintenance of our cars, including the cleaning of aircon system (evap, condenser etc...) since i already have almost all of the tools needed for a small car shop, i find it practical to invest as well with a/c tools as we simply send our units to a/c shop for charging 3 times a year (that is for annual A/C cleaning and maintenance of our 3 cars alone).....

its true and i agree that a/c maintenance is not an easy task. however, with my little knowledge in a/c repair as well as my technical background in electronics and electrical and, more importantly, the advice and help from you guys , i dont think it would be impossible to do...

cheers and regards,

phezthie

plus a technical school training in A/C would do also since it involves "hazardous when mishandled" chemicals. plus the fact that the A/C system operates at higher pressures than the engine.......

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    got any extra ball joint separator in stock? i don't know why i'm interested.

Tools-hunting uli ako sa angeles area ngayong summer pagdating ng budget.
    sorry mate, i have 1 set only of ball joint separator and remover.

before, i used the "pukpok method" then the "tadyak" to separate... for removal... big sockets and steel vise...both require huge effort as we know..

then, i bought these (sori i dont know how to post pics here)

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...17=00996404000

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...0092000P?mv=rr

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...75000P?prdNo=4

but the shipping is very costly, thats why im looking for a/c tools which are locally available..

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    Hanep!....kulang na kulang ang isang buwan sweldo ko sa ganyan. Looks like hanggang pickle fork na lang ako. sayang hindi ako nakabili last time may available sa ACE.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    Hanep!....kulang na kulang ang isang buwan sweldo ko sa ganyan. Looks like hanggang pickle fork na lang ako. sayang hindi ako nakabili last time may available sa ACE.
    hav yu tried the "tadyak method"? i never used fork for lower ball joints esp if yur going to reuse it again, nadedeform at nakakasira ng rubber.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    BTT: paging A/C shops peeps, anyone?

BTW i chanced upon a robin air VC 15601 1/2hp 142 l/m, what can you say about it? TIA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
basic/must have car A/C tools, equipt, where to buy?