New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    just notice why some car manufacturers doesn't include or put an aux fan in their units, when a aux fan is a big help on the airconditioned of a auv or maybe some suv. This is my problem with my 08 adventure sa sobrang init nagpalagay ako ng aux fan just to help the aircon.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ford View Post
    just notice why some car manufacturers doesn't include or put an aux fan in their units, when a aux fan is a big help on the airconditioned of a auv or maybe some suv. This is my problem with my 08 adventure sa sobrang init nagpalagay ako ng aux fan just to help the aircon.
    It's just manufacturers trying to save money and trying to lower the price of the vehicle.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    It's just manufacturers trying to save money and trying to lower the price of the vehicle.
    is it possible to install one on an altis? sa harap naman, sa may bumper? napaka luwag pa kase nung harap na yun sir gh, paano ba? what materials?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I'm no expert, but I think you will need a fan, a relay, some wirings and a fuse. Make sure that whoever does it connects it to the thermoswitch so that it will turn on and off automatically. Wag rekta!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008

Puwede namang hindi na magdagdag ng additional fan (aux fan), just improved the airflow, clean the condenser and the area between the condenser and radiator of dirt, oil, leaves etc Check also you radiator fan, if it is loosened, add some silicon oil on the fan clutch.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008

Puwede namang hindi na magdagdag ng additional fan (aux fan), just improved the airflow, clean the condenser and the area between the condenser and radiator of dirt, oil, leaves etc Check also you radiator fan, if it is loosened, add some silicon oil on the fan clutch.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    pwede ba ang silicon oil sa electric fan?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    is it possible to install one on an altis? sa harap naman, sa may bumper? napaka luwag pa kase nung harap na yun sir gh, paano ba? what materials?
    It is possible to install a generic or compatible radiator fan on your Altis.

It's just a matter finding a fan of compatible size and thickness (Kia Pride fans seems to be one of the smaller and thinner fans I have seen), metal brackets, wiring, relay and a switch to manually turn it on or just wire it to the existing fan so both turn on at the same time.

Most or all the stuff can be bought and installed at CAR AIRCON service & repair shops.

Just make sure the fan itself is securely bracketed.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    i would prefer na manual on/off siya sir gh. so used fans will do diba? marame naman niyan sa mga aircon shops.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    i would prefer na manual on/off siya sir gh. so used fans will do diba? marame naman niyan sa mga aircon shops.
    I would rather get new fans. Motor bearings and carbon brushes do have a limited operational life.

If you get surplus, its your call but new would be more reliable in the long run. Going cheap here might just end up being a false savings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Aux fan