New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    doesnt that "amplifier" have an effect on the idling of the car also? aren't they all interconnected somehow?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Not really kasi ang thermostat just switches the compressor on or off depending on the cabin temp. Pag-on or off ng compressor the engine will detect the increased or decreased load and adjust the RPMs accordingly.

BTW mukhang may magic na gagawin sa thermostat ko. May nagsabi kasi na wala daw syang mahanap na thermostat sa Evangelista. Some people recommended looking for a potentiometer. Will this suggestion work? Or tanong ko na lang kay Danny hehe :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    seminarista: baka maging eroplano na yang car mo at makalipad na siya! =) but i would be interested to know if it works.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Visited Danny last Saturday. Here's what they did:

1. Cleaned evaporator
    2. Washed and cleaned blower housing.
    3. Added foam to blower housing edges. Added more foam to blower doors to prevent fumes and stench from entering the cabin.
    4. Washed and cleaned compressor.
    5. Replaced compressor bearing. Also replaced housing O-ring.
    6. Replaced drier.
    7. Flushed all aircon lines to remove all traces of R12 oil so I won't get into trouble with the LTO next year.
    8. Reassemble, refill with R134 and leak test.

He didn't touch my thermostat since he said it's the original unit pa daw. If it isn't working pa rin he'll look at the thermistor next time. Kung ayaw pa rin saka na magpalit ng thermostat.

90 day warranty. Birthday pala ng anak nya nun so nakikain pa ako ng ice cream hehe.

Total cost? Around 3500.

Verdict: Highly Recommend.

Addendum: Danny is very environmentally-conscious so prepare for a lecture if you're still using R12 ;)

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by SeminaristaKuno
    Visited Danny last Saturday. Here's what they did:

1. Cleaned evaporator
    2. Washed and cleaned blower housing.
    3. Added foam to blower housing edges. Added more foam to blower doors to prevent fumes and stench from entering the cabin.
    4. Washed and cleaned compressor.
    5. Replaced compressor bearing. Also replaced housing O-ring.
    6. Replaced drier.
    7. Flushed all aircon lines to remove all traces of R12 oil so I won't get into trouble with the LTO next year.
    8. Reassemble, refill with R134 and leak test.

He didn't touch my thermostat since he said it's the original unit pa daw. If it isn't working pa rin he'll look at the thermistor next time. Kung ayaw pa rin saka na magpalit ng thermostat.

90 day warranty. Birthday pala ng anak nya nun so nakikain pa ako ng ice cream hehe.

Total cost? Around 3500.

Verdict: Highly Recommend.

Addendum: Danny is very environmentally-conscious so prepare for a lecture if you're still using R12 ;)
    so you spent 3500 to convert from r12j to r134?

how's the cooling? sabi kc mas mahina magpalamig ang r134 kaysa sa r12

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It feels cooler because everything was cleaned and the cabin is now effectively sealed from outside hot air. I can't really say if the refrigerant is a factor because I was using R134 on R12 oil for 1.5 years.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Spoke with him din last Monday, pinacheck ko lang yung bearing, babalik ko nalang for full cleaning since mawawala din freon.

Very humble guy to talk to.

BTW, it's not Dang-kee ang basa ha hehe, DANNY = DA-KNEE (tuhod)...

Parang TheVeed hehe DA-VID

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    okay thanks, theveed. will certainly keep that in mind. by the way, meron ka bang shop or are you just an avid tsikoteer? kung meron, saan and what is your specialty?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    jayelgee: it's in my signature below...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Question: Can you use R12 in a compressor that uses r134a? Kasi nagpalit ako ng compressor Denso. The whole system (before the change of compressor) uses r12. I changed the compressor which uses r134a. But I am still using r12. Tama ba? thanks

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Another Aircon Repair Shop : Danknee