New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    i recently experienced that my temp gauge has been hitting its needle above average during heavy traffic. the first time was las saturday, i lived in laguna and we all know that the traffic in slex is bumper to bumper from alabang viaduct to sucat interchange because of the skyway project. I was stuck in traffic for more than 30mins and suddenly i was alarmed that my temp gauge was already above the middle and still go up to "H" little by little. So i pull over and open the hood, i didnt see any smoke, i checked the water at the reservoir and still at its level and no engine knocked or whatsoever. I had a bottled water at that time and poured it on top of the radiator and after that i get in the car and see the temp gauge needle has gone down. But this is not the end it is still traffic and GOSH the temp needle arose again so i let the way it is and as i passed by sucat interchange, the traffic has gone and that time my speed was averaging 70-90kph. I checked the temp gauge and the needle is going down.

now, i noticed that if im in heavy traffic meaning bumper-bumper that's the time that im alarmed with my temp but for regular traffic or during highways, the is normal.

what are the parts that i need to checked?

TIA!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    check mo rad fan and radiator ( for overhaul),

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

What is your ride bro.? If it still has clutch fan that is pointing to your radiator, you may need to check it out....

8404:duel:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    - check your coolant/radiator fluid level
    - check the aux fan

almost overheat