New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Hi, I have a Mitsubishi Adventure 2000 model. The aircon seems to be not blowing out cool air when the engine is idle or when I am not revving the engine. But when I am revving it up or driving in the expressway the aircon is still not that cold or 'hilaw yung lamig'. Could there be a problem with the compressor?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson Cabrega View Post
    Hi, I have a Mitsubishi Adventure 2000 model. The aircon seems to be not blowing out cool air when the engine is idle or when I am not revving the engine. But when I am revving it up or driving in the expressway the aircon is still not that cold or 'hilaw yung lamig'. Could there be a problem with the compressor?
    Could be compressor but check if your freon is low. If it's low, you have a slow leak in your AC system.

BTW, are your aircon evaporator and condensers are clean or when was the last time it was cleaned?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Could be compressor but check if your freon is low. If it's low, you have a slow leak in your AC system.

BTW, are your aircon evaporator and condensers are clean or when was the last time it was cleaned?
    It was cleaned a few weeks ago and at the same time the freon was replaced. Didn't notice any change in the coolness of the aircon.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Was it running ok before you had it clean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Was it running ok before you had it clean?

Nope, the aircon wasn't cool even before the cleaning.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Was the aircon cold after you had it serviced (cleaned and recharged with freon)?

I suggest to check the freon. Maybe you have a slow leak.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Was the aircon cold after you had it serviced (cleaned and recharged with freon)?

I suggest to check the freon. Maybe you have a slow leak.
    The freon levels are fine. There were no noticeable changes after the cleaning and refilling of the freon. I tested this by just parking in the street with the engine and aircon on but the aircon wasn't blowing the normal cool (hilaw na lamig).

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Did you check the fans? Baka mahina na ikot or did A/C technician check the compressor Kung ok pa buga?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    It was cleaned a few weeks ago and at the same time the freon was replaced. Didn't notice any change in the coolness of the aircon.
    one of the best indicators of the health of your airconditioning is the manifold gauge. you can get the temperature of the refrigerant inside the system both on the low side and the high side. there is such a thing called the "pressure-temperature chart" this is very self explanatory as long as you see the pressures on the manifold gauge. there is no point in guessing. that's why the gauges were designed, you just have to know how to read them

10. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    check nyo po a.c. aux fan baka baliktad ang takbo pabuga.... dapat po ang air papunta sa engine....

pwede din pong masyado mababa thermostat nyo.... try nyo isagad.... yung manual type na thermostat dalawa po ang adjustment nun... yung mismong adjustment at meron din ginagamitan ng screw driver.... alam po ng a.c. techinician yun....

or it could be the compressor.... mahina na ang high side....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast