New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hello fellow tsikoters...

need your expert advice..

Aircon ko adjust ko lang sa 50% ng thermostat... my question is ok if madalas siya On and off? Nag automatic sya every 15 to 20 seconds. ok lang ba d ba masisira compressor ko or something?

my ride is isuzu crosswind.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by anthon05 View Post
    Hello fellow tsikoters...

need your expert advice..

Aircon ko adjust ko lang sa 50% ng thermostat... my question is ok if madalas siya On and off? Nag automatic sya every 15 to 20 seconds. ok lang ba d ba masisira compressor ko or something?

my ride is isuzu crosswind.

Thanks

anthon,
    the proper term for your car's symptom is short cycling. these problems are usually associated with pressure either too high or too low. too high of a pressure could be caused by a saturated receiver/dryer or icing on the evaporator. too low of a pressure is of course attributed to low state of charge in the system.
    jick

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Does the "ON" cycle time increases when you set the thermostat to the coldest setting? Do the reverse happen when you set the thermostat to the warmest setting?

If your answers above are both YES, then there's no problem with your A/C.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    hi oj88.. yes if i adjust to the coldest it doesn't turn off as much. if in lets say 50% its more often.. on and off siya in 10 seconds.

so my aircon is fine.. question ko kung nakakasira ba yung ON and Off sya at very short interval. whats your advice on the adjustment of my thermo?

adviceable ba na 50% lang para mas tipid(pero baka ma worn out) or 90 to 100% (para steady lang)?

Thanks

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    mga factors po kung bakit nag on and off ang compressor..

-- kung nag on and off sya dahil malamig na ang loob ng car walang problema yan(medyo sobra lang ang bilis dahil seconds lang)

-- kung nag on and off sya dahil high pressure delikado yan pwede lumaki gastos mo pag nasabugan ka ng discharge hose o shaft seal. dahilan naman ng high pressure maaring busted ang auxilliary fan o condenser fan mo or barado filter drier.

--maari din maging dahilan ng on and off kung eratic ang thermostat o thermistor.dahil sa sobrang bilis ng interval ng bawat on and off pwedeng may maliit na problema ang ac mo.dahil mainit ang panahon sa pilipinas imposible para makaipon agad ng lamig sa loob ng car mo(maliban kung nasa baguio ka)

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by anthon05 View Post
    hi oj88.. yes if i adjust to the coldest it doesn't turn off as much. if in lets say 50% its more often.. on and off siya in 10 seconds.

so my aircon is fine.. question ko kung nakakasira ba yung ON and Off sya at very short interval. whats your advice on the adjustment of my thermo?

adviceable ba na 50% lang para mas tipid(pero baka ma worn out) or 90 to 100% (para steady lang)?

Thanks
    Your car is fine. Don't worry about it. Just adjust the temp according to your comfort. The car was designed as such and I'm pretty sure the engineers knew what they were doing.
    Last edited by oj88; August 27th, 2009 at 02:05 AM.

Aircon ON and OFF every 15 seconds