New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    mga sir gud pm po,

tanong lang po :

if i were travelling then nagoverheat yung ride ko , what should i do?

do i turn off the engine and wait for the radiator to cool a little bit (just enough so i can open it without splashing boiling water to my face)and directly add water to my radiator while my engine is OFF or Running/ON??

sbi po kc dati s kin ng isang mech n dapat daw pag nagdadagdag ng tubig especially if the engine is HOT / overheated dapat daw i add water while my engine is running so as to prevent the head from warping.

tama po b yung tip n to?

salamat po sa mga inputs

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Bro,

What I did when my previous car overheated was to open the hood, place a towel on the radiator and pour water until I was comfortable opening the cap. Once the cap has been opened I topped up my radiator with distilled water. I did all of this without turning my engine off. The reason (per my mechanic and my other auto owning friends) is that I may risk further damage to the engine by immediately shutting it off when it overheats.

Thanks and God speed.

kung di agad-agad tumataas, wag mo patayin, hayaan mo lumamig siya ng kusa sa tabi....

dont open the cap immediately--mamainit pa sa pinakulo mong tubig yung tatapon..

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    In my opinion shutting down the engine in an overheating situation will depend if you are already hearing mechanical noises or katok. This will save the engine from further damage. Dont attempt to restart let it cool down and if you want fill it up with water but call for a tow.

But in a simple overheating problem shutting down the engine will create an after boil that could increase the water/vapor pressure inside the head and block because of the stop in the water pump circulation. The vapor is what really expands and dangerous. Let it idle before releasing the vapor but never fully open the rad cap.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    maraming slamat po sa mga inputs sir,

blalk ko n n ga po palinis yung radiator ko e kc d k sure kung nkakaikot p coolant ko sa engine e!

bale add coolant while the engine is still running right?

any idea po nga pala if how much is cleaning /overhauling the radiator?

tska about po sa water pump ng ride ko any idea if any telltale signs kung me problem n?pag pnalitan po ba yun e magkano inaabot?estimate figure lang po sana

ride po pala is Galant 7G

salamat po talaga ng marami mga sirs

nope! antayin mo muna lumamig bago mo buksan ang cap..

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    pag nag overheat park mo car buksan ang hood, then kuha na ng trapo basain mo ng tubig tapos patong mo sa ibabaw ng radiator cap... iyun sobrang tubig buhos mo dahan dahan sa ibabaw ng radiator at sa grill hanggan humupa ang init saka buksan ang takip ng radiator at lagyan ng tubig...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    here's what I do when engine starts to overheat (temp needle *3/4)

1. pull over. shut off engine.
    2. turn key back to ignition to let the radiator fan cool down the water temp until the fan automatically shuts off.
    3. add water.

basta overheat have it checked and repaired agad. madaming pwede masira sa makina.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Pag hindi pa gaano mataas ng temp level ng makina, most mechanics would recommend shutting the aircon off, but keep the engine running. Pop the hood open. Then to disperse the heat quickly, turn the aircon thermostat to the maximum HOT (usually colored red) position. Dapat bukas ang blower.

Let it cool normally, hindi rin daw advisable yung paglagay ng tubig sa radiator (yung bang parang pinapaliguan, while the rad cap is still attached).

But this method is on the premise na hindi naman malaki yung tagas sa radiator. Kung malakas kasi magbawas ng tubig, dapat pinapatay yung makina, and pop the hood.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Basta if your radiator is equipped with a plastic top, don't pour water on it. It might crack.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Overheating Tips?