New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Mga bossing,

I'm kinda confused with the new terms sa mga cars, is the car airconditioner the same as climate control? If not, what's the difference? thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Air conditioner is usually manually operated. Climate control is usually automated. Both refer to the same thing.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    both are car A/C...parang window type na rotary and split type na digital ang thermostat...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Technically, climate control is literally climate control. It controls the environment inside the car. Technicians refer to it as HVAC (Heating, ventilation, A/C).

HVAC systems can be manually controlled or can be of the automatic variety wherein you set the desired temperature and the system handles the rest (fan speed, compressor engagement, vent selection, etc.).

Airconditioning is just a part of a complete HVAC system. Some local cars do not have cabin heaters and minimal vent selections (Toyotas are notorious with skimping on HVAC features on vehicles with manual a/c's). In other markets, some cars may not have a/c as standard equipment, too.

However in local slang, climate control has become to mean an automatic climate control system while manual climate control systems are referred to by local folks as 'aircon' or 'a/c'.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mazingerZ View Post
    Mga bossing,

I'm kinda confused with the new terms sa mga cars, is the car airconditioner the same as climate control? If not, what's the difference? thanks.
    mbeige is right.
    Climatic control is a thermostat that maintain your setting preference. For example if you set your aircondition to 70 deg.f it will maintain that setting, unlike the older version that sometimes you have to make adjusment if is too hot or too cold.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    I know this is an ooolllddd... topic but I need help. Does anyone have recommendations on where I can get my Camry's climate control (automatic) checked? Aside from the casa of course.

The radio & alarm installer messed it up and I want to have a backup in case they're not able to fix it. Thanks!

Aircon/climate control