New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sotel View Post
    mga paps paano ba dapat ikot ng aux fan ng condenser ? clockwise o counterclockwise?
    Regardless kung CW or CCW, basta ang airflow dapat papasok ng engine bay.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    mga sir pede ba ayusin ang aux fan? ang problema po ng aux fan pag umint ung aux fan humihina nalang hanggang mamatay?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Regardless kung CW or CCW, basta ang airflow dapat papasok ng engine bay.
    sir bat nung nirekta ko ung aux fan sobrang hina naman ang hangin na pumapasok sa engine bay kahit baliktadin ko ung wires ng aux fan.
    ayos lang ba un sir?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Effective ba ang additional auxilliary fan sa harap ng radiator? Humihina ang lamig ng AC pag standstill traffic at noontime. Cabin filter is newly replaced.

I see some na naglalagay ng isa pang fan positioned in front of the radiator and some even add insulation sa tubes ng AC (to shield it from the engine heat I suppose).

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    Effective ba ang additional auxilliary fan sa harap ng radiator? Humihina ang lamig ng AC pag standstill traffic at noontime. Cabin filter is newly replaced.

I see some na naglalagay ng isa pang fan positioned in front of the radiator and some even add insulation sa tubes ng AC (to shield it from the engine heat I suppose).
    No. If hinde lumalamig then meron sira sa system mo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    hindi ako ganun ka well versed sa airconditioning system ng sasakyan pero this is what i have gleamed from decades owning cars.

some vehicles benefit from an additional aux fan. case in point nagkaroon kami ng gasoline l300 1990. that thing almost overheats in standstill traffic and the airconditioning feels naka fan na lang. the diesel l300 did not suffer from those problems. however it is 2022 i refuse to believe may mga modern cars pa designed with such an inadequate cooling system. so that's then.

if you current vehicle has an auxiliary electric fan check that it is still indeed in working condition. noon nagkamali na ako akala ko umaandar pa siya but busted na pala. the only reason it was spinning kasi nahihigop ng radiator from the other side. also check that mayroon pang silicone oil yung magnetic clutch fan mo if your vehicle has one. either way the symptoms you describe does indicate a failed fan or two.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    hindi ako ganun ka well versed sa airconditioning system ng sasakyan pero this is what i have gleamed from decades owning cars.

some vehicles benefit from an additional aux fan. case in point nagkaroon kami ng gasoline l300 1990. that thing almost overheats in standstill traffic and the airconditioning feels naka fan na lang. the diesel l300 did not suffer from those problems. however it is 2022 i refuse to believe may mga modern cars pa designed with such an inadequate cooling system. so that's then.

if you current vehicle has an auxiliary electric fan check that it is still indeed in working condition. noon nagkamali na ako akala ko umaandar pa siya but busted na pala. the only reason it was spinning kasi nahihigop ng radiator from the other side. also check that mayroon pang silicone oil yung magnetic clutch fan mo if your vehicle has one. either way the symptoms you describe does indicate a failed fan or two.
    Thanks. Time to have the AC system checked up.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post

yes, my car already has an auxiliary fan but I still added another one, I read the high side reading of the aircon using the ac gauge when it had only one auxiliary fan and when it had two, definitely, the high side reading with two fans is a lot lower which equates to a cooler condenser, thus better cooling efficiency most especially in high noon traffic, this is considering that all is well with your airconditioning system

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    before adding to your cooling system,
    as someones above already pointed out,
    see to it first, that your current set-up is in optimum working condition.
    if it was freezing cold when new, why would it be steaming hot now?

if you have a stock aux fan, see if the fan is already slowing down or not. i won't recommend "eyeballing" it. na-loko na ako dati. i thought my aux fan was fine, until the mekaniko showed just how strong a brand new fan was.

i used to drive a 1981 corolla liftback. it would heat up in heavy traffic. i had an aux fan installed. after that, the car was very cold, even in noontime standstill traffic.

also,
    i once had my 1997 sentra's leaking aircon fixed. the shop installed the cheaper evaporator. the resulting cold was "hilaw". i had the cheap replacement part removed and opted for the more expensive serpentine type. hayun! brand-new coolness again!

i had a couple of aux fans installed in my innova.
    walang pagbabago sa lamig ng aircon.

so yes,
    iba-iba ang experiences...

might i inquire, what is your vehicle, po?
    Last edited by dr. d; May 11th, 2022 at 09:32 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    before adding to your cooling system,
    as someones above already pointed out,
    see to it first, that your current set-up is in optimum working condition.
    if it was freezing cold when new, why would it be steaming hot now?

if you have a stock aux fan, see if the fan is already slowing down or not. i won't recommend "eyeballing" it. na-loko na ako dati. i thought my aux fan was fine, until the mekaniko showed just how strong a brand new fan was.

i used to drive a 1981 corolla liftback. it would heat up in heavy traffic. i had an aux fan installed. after that, the car was very cold, even in noontime standstill traffic.

also,
    i once had my 1997 sentra's leaking aircon fixed. the shop installed the cheaper evaporator. the resulting cold was "hilaw". i had the cheap replacement part removed and opted for the more expensive serpentine type. hayun! brand-new coolness again!

i had a couple of aux fans installed in my innova.
    walang pagbabago sa lamig ng aircon.

so yes,
    iba-iba ang experiences...

might i inquire, what is your vehicle, po?
    Mirage 2015 HB. It used to be a weekend car until WFH ended this year. I only noticed it when summer started and I got a mid-shift schedule. AC is cold in moving traffic but once I queue up at the toll gate that's when it gets weak. My window tint is fine (light 3M CS on the windshield and medium reflective on all sides) and so is my new cabin filter.

I'll start with the obvious first by having it cleaned and checked. The aux fan might also be conking out due to age. If those steps don't solve anything then I'd go with the additional fan.

BTW, I can't seem to find any recommendations for aircon shops here down south. Currently checking reviews on FB.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast