New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Hello all, this is my first post!

I went to OTO Pwesto on Congressional Avenue to have my car assessed. Sobrang ingay ng aircon although lumalamig naman.

Ang quote ng OTO Pwesto sakin - P20,650 total. Broken down as follows:

Pull down evaporator - 600
    Pull down compressor - 600
    Freon 134-A - 700
    Compressor oil - 300
    1 Compressor TRS 15,500
    1 Filter drier - 1,000
    1 Expansion valve - 1,350
    Labor/flushing - 600

Ang tanong ko lang, fair prices po ba ito? Or tinaga ako sa quote? Ergo di na ko dapat bumalik pa sa OTO Pwesto, although 2 beses nako nagpagawa sa kanila before?

Salamat sa advice.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i think that the labor is very good . you may wish to check for prices in your area , it helps to satisfy the claim.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    get a 2nd opinion at mang mario's a/c shop to be safe. he's supposed to be very good & he also charges reasonably, i've heard. just search his thread around here. daming suki iyan sa mga car clubs/forums

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    What's the make and model of your vehicle ba? Kasi it would help the other forumers to determine the extent of your problem, and give better answers.

For example, if your car is a Nissan Sentra (Series 3), most probably, Calsonic ang compressor mo. I've owned a B14 for over 9 years, and almost all aircon shops na napuntahan ko, iisa ang sinabi: hindi madaling i-repair ang Calsonic, disposable daw. I-repair man, ayaw nilang magbigay ng warranty kahit 3 months lang.

Pag maingay ang aircon, normally compressor bearing yan. Malamang, may tama na rin yung compressor shaft. In case na hindi Calsonic yung aircon, baka puwede pang i-repair yan at baka tumagal din. Tutal, sabi mo lumalamig pa naman, maingay nga lang.

Pero have it double-checked. Baka hindi sa aircon galing yung ingay. It could be the crankshaft pulley or tensioners.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    I just want to give props where props is due. Last weekend I finally made it to Mang Mario Reyes' place to get my aircon fixed.

We got there a little before 8am expecting to be the first. What do you know there were already six other people ahead of us! So if you're going on a weekend (heck even a weekday), I suggest you go really early. And you've to be patient too, in case you don't get there first. Bring something to read, and go when it isn't raining because your car will be parked just along the street.

Anyway, the diagnosis took a while, since the mechanics were shuffling from one car to the other, but in all we were able to get the car out by 1pm. Instead of replacing the whole thing which would've cost me 20k++ - a plate was just repaired. I was P4,300. I thought it was a fair price so I didn't 'make tawad' given Mang Mario's legendary expertise.

It has been a week and the aircon's still cool and working! Mang Mario!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by caffeinesparks View Post
    I just want to give props where props is due. Last weekend I finally made it to Mang Mario Reyes' place to get my aircon fixed.

We got there a little before 8am expecting to be the first. What do you know there were already six other people ahead of us! So if you're going on a weekend (heck even a weekday), I suggest you go really early. And you've to be patient too, in case you don't get there first. Bring something to read, and go when it isn't raining because your car will be parked just along the street.

Anyway, the diagnosis took a while, since the mechanics were shuffling from one car to the other, but in all we were able to get the car out by 1pm. Instead of replacing the whole thing which would've cost me 20k++ - a plate was just repaired. I was P4,300. I thought it was a fair price so I didn't 'make tawad' given Mang Mario's legendary expertise.

It has been a week and the aircon's still cool and working! Mang Mario!
    Just a question what kind of plate did they repaired . My friend car have the problem the same as yours . THANKS.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    mga sir my question po ako. although nabasa ko na somewhere here yung sagot eh di ko na matandaan kung ano title nung thread.
    if i remember it right si master otep yung sumagot. its about my aircon.
    by the way the ride is civic vti 98.
    kapag arangkada lang malamig yung aircon ko, tapos minsan try ko i-rev ng tuloy tuloy, ayun lumamig. dinala ko sa a/c repair shop sabi e-valve daw tapos palitan ng freon. he's charging me 2,500 makatwiran po ba ito at tama ba yung diagnose nya sa problema? salamat po mga sir.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by caffeinesparks View Post
    Hello all, this is my first post!

I went to OTO Pwesto on Congressional Avenue to have my car assessed. Sobrang ingay ng aircon although lumalamig naman.

Ang quote ng OTO Pwesto sakin - P20,650 total. Broken down as follows:

Freon 134-A - 700
    Compressor oil - 300
    1 Compressor TRS 15,500
    1 Filter drier - 1,000
    Labor/flushing - 600

Ang tanong ko lang, fair prices po ba ito? Or tinaga ako sa quote? Ergo di na ko dapat bumalik pa sa OTO Pwesto, although 2 beses nako nagpagawa sa kanila before?

Salamat sa advice.
    Freon 134-A - 700
    Compressor oil - 300
    ------ mahal po

1 Compressor TRS 15,500
    ------ bago po ba or rebuild? suggest oem surplus na lang sa reputable
    shop mas ok kesa rebuild.

1 Filter drier - 1,000
    ------ sira daw po or they said palitan w/o checking? kung magaling at
    may malasakit .. check muna nila ito at pag sira lang saka sabihin na palitan.

Labor/flushing - 600
    ----- dapat po ito lumpsum na lang at medyo mahal..

dito caloocan 6th cor cordero ave may magaling ang name onthoy. mura pa
    sumingil at hindi ka lolokohin na sabihin palitan lahat at pepresyo bawat kilos.

Air Compressor Honda Civic 1997. TULONG!