New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Hello All,

When I had my injection pump calibrated, I saw that my compressor is really dirty (greasy...due probably to leaks from my power steering hose). I don't have any issues with my AC but I'm just thinking of cleaning it as a pre-emptive approach. And yes I'm on the OC side.

If cleaning it is recommended, do I go to a repair shop and have it dismantled for separate cleaning? Or spraying it with a degreaser suffice?

Thanks,
    Dino

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

OC ka pa sa lagay na yan ha?

I recommend you fix that leaking power steering hose, before you clean the compressor. Or as a better option, treat your car to an engine degreasing wash sa mga service stations or detailing shops.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gearguru View Post
    Hello All,

When I had my injection pump calibrated, I saw that my compressor is really dirty (greasy...due probably to leaks from my power steering hose). I don't have any issues with my AC but I'm just thinking of cleaning it as a pre-emptive approach. And yes I'm on the OC side.

If cleaning it is recommended, do I go to a repair shop and have it dismantled for separate cleaning? Or spraying it with a degreaser suffice?

Thanks,
    Dino
    To avoid headache with your AC system, avoid dismantle of your AC compressor.

Is it advisable to clean exterior of a compressor?