New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    I noticed that my car's AC is blowing "smoke". Is this normal or does this mean that there is a leak in the freon? If there is indeed a leak, how much will this cost to repair?

TIA!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vel0city View Post
    I noticed that my car's AC is blowing "smoke". Is this normal or does this mean that there is a leak in the freon? If there is indeed a leak, how much will this cost to repair?

TIA!
    If the performance of your of your AC is the same as before, that is normal.

3. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dongmbb View Post
    If the performance of your of your AC is the same as before, that is normal.
    Baka sobrang lamig and nag build up ng ice..

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    very cold water vapor = very fine ice crystals = "smoke".
    i envy you.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vel0city View Post

TIA!

condensing water vapors exiting the a/c registers is normal specially when the relative humidity is high and the ambient temperature is high. if the a/c is still doing its job, it is no problem as long as you can control the temperature. if it gets uncontrollably cold you can shut if down manually until you get it diagnosed and repaired. the a/c is not designed to work like a refrigerator nor like a freezer. it is there for comfort of the car's occupants

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Sir velOcity,

May I ask as to when was the last time you have your car's A/C serviced? Other than the suggestions / discussions given by our Tsikot guru's above, your ac system (evaporator) might be already dirty causing the restriction of air. Air restriction sometimes causes the coil to abnormally reach very low temperatures (specially if the temp settings are very low / or max) causing very high temp difference between the coil and ambient, thus the smoke.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    bkt kahit bagong a/c ng bahay mga sir ganun din may whitesmoke siya tapos dna naulit

does it happen everyday or on certain weather conditions?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Wag lang Sir ung usok ng bus/jeep sa harap mo ang pumapasok sa cabin, baka ung air intake selector mo e nag auto sa FRESH air.

In some models: "To prevent fogging up of the windshield, the air intake mode may change automatically to FRESH depending on the condition of the air conditioning system."

10. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Manilablock View Post
    Wag lang Sir ung usok ng bus/jeep sa harap mo ang pumapasok sa cabin, baka ung air intake selector mo e nag auto sa FRESH air.

In some models: "To prevent fogging up of the windshield, the air intake mode may change automatically to FRESH depending on the condition of the air conditioning system."
    Sir naka fresh air nga! It does not blow smoke anymore

Salamat po sa lahat ng nag reply

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast