The History of Chevrolet
Chevrolet is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers – the company was founded in the United States in 1911. It was one of the first entrants to the automobile industry -- it opened only a few years after Henry Ford began Ford Motoring Company. Louis Chevrolet began Chevrolet in Detroit, Michigan, where it is still based today, along with a range of other automakers. It is a subsidiary of parent company General Motors Company.
Louis Chevrolet was originally a race car driver who wanted to mass produce cars for consumers in the United States. In 1913, the automaker began to mass produce their C model – which quickly became a hit amongst American drivers. At present, Chevrolet’s parent company is one of the largest car manufactures in the world, with over $160b in annual revenue.
Chevrolet in the Philippines
Chevrolet, commonly referred to as Chevy, is only a recent entrant to the Filipino automobile trade. The vehicles first began being sold locally in 2009, not even a decade ago. But Chevrolet has expanded rapidly within the Philippines. At present, there are already 23 Chevrolet dealerships throughout the country.
Chevrolet Performance and Technology
Chevrolet is well known for its high-performance cars, they have produced many winning vehicles in the American racing circuit – NASCAR. In addition, they have entered vehicles in a range of other high performance competitions. Chevrolet is also known for the Chevy Bolt – an electric car that received a large amount of attention when it entered the U.S. market. The automaker has a firm commitment to producing future vehicles with little-to-no emissions.
Why do Consumers in the Philippines Buy Chevrolet Cars?
- The utility vehicles have durable diesel engines
- Internal technology
- Reputation for durable build
- Fuel efficient models
- Some of the highest safety ratings in the industry
What Chevrolet Models are Popular in the Philippines?
There are a wide variety of popular Chevrolet vehicles in the Philippines. Below are short descriptions of some of the most popular Chevrolet models currently being sold in the country:
- Chevrolet Spark – The Chevrolet Spark is the automaker’s most popular subcompact vehicle in the Philippines – it is well known for its economical fuel efficiency.
- Chevrolet Captiva – The Chevrolet Captiva is a midsized SUV that has a lot of power under the hood. This vehicle has grown increasingly popular with young families in recent years.
- Chevrolet Trailblazer – The Trailblazer is another midsized SUV by Chevrolet, although it is larger than the previously mentioned Captiva.
- Chevrolet Optra – The Optra is the signature sedan by Chevrolet – it has grown a loyal customer base in the Philippines.
Chevrolet Fuel Efficiency
- Chevrolet Spark -- 6.7 AVG L/100 Km
- Chevrolet Captiva -- 8.9 AVG L/100 Km
- Chevrolet Trailblazer -- 12.4 AVG L/100 Km
- Chevrolet Optra -- 7.3 AVG L/100 Km