New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Ganito nangyari:

I got my car tinted including the front windshield (Platinum Magic Neutral - windshield; Platinum SuperDark Magic Black - all over). Just yesterday (2 weeks after the installation), I noticed that the part slightly above the median of the windshield is imperfectly clear, that the image is "uma-alon" and "nakakaduling".

I went back to the installer and he said that my windshield is defective (imperfect) and the tint is not the problem.

Have any one experienced this problem? Is it the tint kaya? Or windshield nga?

I doubt if its the windshield since I've had no problems for the last 7 years na without any tint in front.

Please share any related experience.

thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by stroker_200
    Ganito nangyari:

I noticed that the part slightly above the median of the windshield is imperfectly clear, that the image is "uma-alon" and "nakakaduling".
    meaning hindi one-piece yung front tint mo? there is a possible slight refraction at that point. so it's probably not your windshield.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Dakila...you said the right term "refraction". Meron nga. 1-piece yung front tint ko.

Yung 'slight' refraction eh isang linya from the Driver view up to the passenger.

Posible kaya na defective yung tint na kinabit? Is there a way to confirm this?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Update lang. My windshield it is. Defective nga. Pinatanggal ko yung part na nagre-refract, at naiwan na lang yung upper and lower visors. Ayun, meron talagang konting refraction sa windshield.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    yun akin... hindi ganon eh... parang nakalubog yun windshield... dahil pag nagwiper ako... may spot na hindi tinatamaan...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hindi kaya yung wiper blades ang may diperensya?

Uma-alon na windshield